Valentines ideas

Options
Hey all :)

Just curious, does anyone here have a recommended sweet treat I can make for my valentine that will not totally blow my calorie count out of the water?
Or other valentines ideas / alternatives..

Maybe this should be in general :)

Replies

• XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    I was just asking myself this SAME question!

Angel Food Cake with fruit is good :) But I'm doing that a week later for my birthday. lol.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Im going to mix fat free cool ship with a flavored grrek yogurt and sugar free koolaide or jello the same flavor as the yogurt and using it as a fruit dip
  • rsm1972
    rsm1972 Posts: 283
    Options
    STRAWBERRY SCHAUM TORTE

Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + coolingYield: 12 Servings15 50 65 Ingredients

•8 egg whites
    •1 tablespoon white vinegar
    •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    •1/4 teaspoon salt
    •2 cups sugar
    •3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
    •1-1/2 cups whipped cream

Directions
    •Place egg whites in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the vinegar, vanilla and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
    •Spread into a greased 10-in. springform pan. Bake at 300° for 50-60 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool (meringue will fall).
    •Serve with strawberries and whipped cream. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.

Nutritional Facts
    1 piece equals 206 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 92 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Try www.skinnytaste.com - they have tons of great recipes and have a bunch of valentine's recipe ideas on there right now.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Im going to mix fat free cool ship with a flavored grrek yogurt and sugar free koolaide or jello the same flavor as the yogurt and using it as a fruit dip

sorry just came back and re read this that is suppose to be cool whip not cool ship hahahahahah :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blushing:
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would not get a dessert, and just get some high cocoa % chocolates instead - you would just have to eat fewer of them yourself!