Grocery Shopping

Options
2»

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I stick with the chicken, and porkchops. Use lean beef and less often. I love Jasmine or brown rice over white rice. I still use butter, and sugar, but only in small amounts as a recipie calls for it.
    Other than that, everything else is the same. Just trying to eat in moderation instead.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Oh, butter! I was buying Land O' Lakes Butter Spread stuff 'cause I thought I was grabbing the one that was made with Canola oil, turns out it was 55% Hydrogenated Oil (which I'm supposed to avoid because of my cholesterol)...so this time I bought Smart Balance Heart Health Light and it's 45 calories for 2 tbsp and only has GOOD oils in it. It's pretty darn tasty too. :happy: I mainly only cook with it anyway. I don't use butter on anything really anymore since most of the bread I eat is for sandwiches.
  • BellaBones
    BellaBones Posts: 136
    Options
    I usually haunt Henry's. Produce, produce . produce. Any and all. Steamed, sauteed, or raw, it is all good. I go for boneless skinless meats. Serlion burger if needed. Every once in awhile, a pork roast or beef roast, as lean as you can get it. Brown rice, wheat pasta, and whole wheat breads. I love raisin bran, so that is my cereal of choice, and fat free milk for cooking purposes, silk for enjoying with my cereal.

Always have to have the EVVO, can not live without it. I do use butter, but only for cooking, Sweet cream butter unsalted.

Fruits are good, but I do not over do it. Avocado is my fruit of choice, along with blueberries, pears, and Oranges.

oh yeah, and cheese, that is my weakness, I do submit to a block of pepperjack and cream cheese.
    But I snack on the pepper jack and use the cream cheese for me celery sticks ;)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Right or wrong I only use PAM spray (zero cal) and 'I want to be butter' spray (zero cal) in cooking. My steamed veggies get the non-butter sptritz, most pan cooking get both. No butter, marg, EVVO, other.
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Rough weekly shopping list

Semi Skimmed Milk
    Eggs
    Vanilla flavoured soya yoghurt & granola
    Fresh fruit- apples or oranges, bananas, green or black grapes, kiwi fruit, grapefruit or a melon
    Spinach leaves, wild rocket, celery, tomatoes, green & red bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, carrots
    Potatoes/Sweet potatoes
    Whole wheat bread/ o whole wheat pita bread/ multigrain or seeded bread rolls
    Whole grain/ rye/ cracked black pepper crackers
    Special K Cereal
    Brown Rice
    Couscous
    Quinoa
    Lentils
    Beans- mixed, black beans, red kidney beans
    Humous
    Passata
    A few veggie products - fillet/escalopes/ sausages & veggie mince
    Light choices cranberry juice or orange juice
    Almonds/ pecans/ pumpkin seeds/ sunflower seeds/ flax seeds
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    And we will season them in the bag before we toss them in the freezer. Then as they thaw out they marinate in the spices.

That is brilliant. I already buy the big package and portion them out individually, but I'm going to start seasoning them this way, too.