What's your fave part about counting cals?

Options
Besides the obvious...losing weight and feeling good? :laugh: Of course those are the best, but do you have any other thing that you love about counting calories?

For me, it's the appreciation of food. I consider myself a bit of a foodie, and when I was just shoving food into my mouth, it didn't really taste like anything. Now that I eat when I'm actually hungry, food tastes SO good. I appreciate it so much more.

I do have one more. I love all the numbers and stats, and I think it's fun trying to keep at my daily goals. I hope that continues, but we'll see!

How about you??

Replies

• EmmaJean7
    EmmaJean7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm super new at calorie counting so I am learning everyday.. As of right now my favorite part is the fun scanner mfp has :) It makes counting cals idiot proof and easy
  • allknowingtomato
    allknowingtomato Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My current favorite is realizing how much food i actually get to enjoy, if i'm careful with my choices.

Sure, it's horrifying to log what an old-school fast food meal might have looked like. However, when you eat veggies and fruits and proteins and healthy fats and drink lots of water, you get to eat a volume of food that doesn't "feel" like dieting.

Learning that a 0-calorie cinnamon tea is as much of a treat for me as a cookie in the mid-afternoon was also pretty sweet.

Lastly, having relatively guilt-free indulgences when they fit my budget. counting calories is teaching me to ID the shame spiral that tends to turn one cookie into a binge. seeing one cookie fits my macros makes me less prone to keep going with a f*(k it attitude and eating the house.
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love that it keeps me from eating out of boredom.