I DON'T HAVE TO GET MY KNEE REPLACED

Options
I stared my weight loss journey last April, my surgeon wanted me to lose 60 pounds before he would do the surgery. I have lost 76 pounds so far and when I went in today to set up the surgery I had new x-rays taken. They showed that because of my weight loss I now have space between my bones I'm no longer bone on bone, and the synvisc shots should now relief my pain.

I'm so proud of all the health benefits I given myself by lossing weight I don't have to take medication for diabetes anymore I feel so energetic and have more confidence.

I plan on losing another 20 or so pounds can't wait to see what that brings

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    thats so awesome!...people forget that its more than just the number on the scale..but a relief in joint pain..getting off meds..again...CONGRATS!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful news, congratulations on your success!
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Go you, that is amazing you must be so proud xx
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you.I'm proud of you with your hard work you go girl! Have a wonderful day!:flowerforyou: Hugs!

Always,Judy
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    That's fantastic! Amazing job!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Fantastic, that is an awesome result!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is truly fantastic! Those are the kind of benefits that matter the most!!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful pay-off for you. It's amazing the benefits that come with weight loss...besides just feeling better.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Great News!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Big congrats, that is excellent news! Well done and much more continued success and enjoyment with your new healthier lifestyle!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Sweet! A load off your mind AND your knees!
  • kacysuzanne
    kacysuzanne Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! That is great news.
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your outstanding job!! Keep up the good work!
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    How wonderful for you! I come from a family with type 2 diabetis running rampant - my Aunty died from linked illness, my other Aunty has suffered greatly trying to keep her weight down by having a completely unnecessary gastric band procedure which made her extremely ill, my Mum is affected and her eyesight is terrible despite laser eye surgery and my Uncle.....well, I don't want it!! I'm so glad you are off those awful meds, you must feel like you have a new lease of life, I am truly so, so happy to read your story. So many people could avoid so much suffering if they would just look after their bodies and health a little better, your story is so motivational
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wish you continued success. That's awesome.:drinker:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I stared my weight loss journey last April, my surgeon wanted me to lose 60 pounds before he would do the surgery. I have lost 76 pounds so far and when I went in today to set up the surgery I had new x-rays taken. They showed that because of my weight loss I now have space between my bones I'm no longer bone on bone, and the synvisc shots should now relief my pain.

I'm so proud of all the health benefits I given myself by lossing weight I don't have to take medication for diabetes anymore I feel so energetic and have more confidence.

I plan on losing another 20 or so pounds can't wait to see what that brings

I'm hoping the same thing will happen for me. My knees have improved a LOT with the 52 pounds I have lost (and the water exercise I do two days a week). That is so awesome that you have taken your health in hand and have had so much victory. I'm off my B.P. medications too---Whoopee! (The side effects were awful.) I still have 30 to go but I know I will now.
  • Jacqmomof3
    Jacqmomof3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is great news. Such positive reinforcement for all your hard work
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!!!:smile:
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic result!! You must be quite justifiably pleased - an inspiration to us all! Well done!:smile:
  • x_ZEST_x
    Options
    That's fantastic news!! I'm so happy for you, what an amazing inspiration to us all. Awww you must be super happy that all the hard work you've put into acheiving your goal has had even better results medically too. Really made me smile. All the best to you for your future. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!