What weights do you use for rows? (Aimed at women)

Options
2»

Replies

• fonixfire
    Options
    Barbell row -130
    Squat with dumbells - 75
    Squat with barbell - 240
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I was just wondering what weights you use for bent over barbell rows and one arm dumbbell rows? This question is primarily some at women since I am a 5ft5 20 year old girl, but is be interested to see what all you men out there do!
    Also how much do you all squat? I do about 45 pounds and I find that quite hard lol.

Thank you for your input :)

There's a girl at my gym who I watched pendlay rowing 135 as a warmup at 25 reps, then got into a work set where she got up to 170 for 5x.

Tiny girl too, I felt frail, because I'm around 180 for my work sets.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    BB row is around 135-185- depending on rep range.

Squat- I'm sitting work weights around 180-200- they aren't fun- but they are solid. Max rep is 225.

You can ALWAYS get stronger- never let a number scare you off- just keep adding weight.

Watched a girl today sled pressing 20 pounds (so 2 ten pound weights each side)... and I just.. I can't.
    A sled press is the equivalent of STANDING UP- if you weigh over 100 pounds- and you can stand up- at no point should you have LESS than 25 or 45 pound plates on either side.

You are significantly stronger than you think.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My last barbell row was 45kg (3x12) and my dumbell row was 16 kg (3x12) but I'm just using them as assistance - don't know what my heaviest would be now :/

Squat has been stuck at 75 for tooooo long (5,3,1). Haha 75 is the 1.
  • Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Bent over row i use a barbell and currently lift 55 lbs
    Squat 110 lbs :)