Lent is here! What are you giving up?

Options
Tomorrow is the first day of Lent. What are you giving up?

I'm giving up sweets...chocolate, ice cream, cake, pastries....all those things I shouldn't eat but just L-O-V-E
I'm also adding in 30 minutes of physical activity. Whether it's lifting weights, cardio, yoga or walking the dog. It will all count.

Have you given any idea of what you are going to give up? Let's support each other. What do you think?

Replies

• unapologeticallyemma
    Options
    I'm giving up emotional eating... I wont eat because I'm bored or sad any more and I am going to do this by eating on a schedule so that I know anything outside that is no no.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    sweets and fast food. so i am having sweet deliciousness today
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I did good last year, until the last week.......the same, avoid sweets and alcohol...........both are my downfall........

good luck on yours as well
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of giving up *****ing about things.
  • mike_gee15
    Options
    I'm a ketchup fiend, I gave it up last year for Lent. This year it's fast food AND ketchup! wish me up!
  • Firestar98
    Firestar98 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Since Lent doesn't have any meaning to an Athiest tomorrow is the day I make fun of people who have a black dot on their head.

Just kidding, I don't make fun of them... but tomorrow will make 2 days in a row I go to work out, so I'm giving up on giving up I suppose?
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Fast food
    Cursing
    Sex
    Alcohol

*I'd add soda and sweets, but I'm not a fan of either.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Organised religion.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    For lent I'm going to give up stupid religious traditions.
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, crisps, chocolate, cake, meat, sex & *kitten*.

I will watch a film every day, read everyday & once my broken toe is feeling better, workout for an hour a day & spent 15 minutes reflecting on life everyday, just for me.

Have a great Lent everyone, hope you stick to your goals & do well with them!

I gave up smoking 3 weeks ago today, otherwise that'd be going too :)
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Sugar. I've never given up sugar for 40 days before. It's going to be hard because I already can't eat: dairy, wheat, corn, oats, most fruits, and some vegitables... so, yeah, pretty much everything.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Nothing, unlike the pope lol
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Nothing, unlike the pope lol

Pope burn!!

cranmerburning.jpg
  • darkangeljanie
    Options
    I haven't had alcohol since new years ever, which was 6 weeks ago. It's my anniversary tomorrow so we are going to drink and party at the weekend. After that I probably won't drink for awhile ago. Other then that forget my diet, I already do enough sacrificing of treats.
  • aria_1990
    Options
    I actually don't think I'm going to give up anything because I'm already vegan. Unless I give up sweets which I barely eat anyway. Maybe chips, I do have a weakness for salty things.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Fast food
    Cursing
    Sex
    Alcohol

*I'd add soda and sweets, but I'm not a fan of either.

Sex?? Really? That's just crazy talk.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Fast food, which sucks cause that's where 40% of my food comes from and sodas. Lord help me haha...
  • Joyjmb
    Joyjmb Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Abstinence and sobriety.

Actually instead of a punitive give up item, I've decided to get super serious about my finances.
    I pay my bills but I could be doing better to save,
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I'm not religious at all, but in solidarity with my MFP friends who are doing Lent, I'm giving up "being a slug" for 40 days and starting to actually do some daily exercise.

Hopefully, the "3 weeks to a habit" thing works out and it sticks after 40 days.