The Game On Diet

Options
Has anyone ever heard of, or been on this diet? (or are doing it now)

Replies

• Wystaria
    Options
    Yes! I love this game and I am doing it now.
  • rhosherratt
    rhosherratt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've done it a few times with the ladies in my neighborhood. We would all put in $10 and divide into two teams and at the end of the 4 weeks which ever team had the most points won. The $10 per person was used to buy the winning team little gifts and then we would all meet up for a dinner out, just the girls. Its a lot of fun. We set up a blog and everything so that we could share tips, recipes and and even a little trash talk. If you get the chance do it! Its really motivating
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Meh
    Nutritional Pros and Cons

The authors' diet plan recommends consuming five small meals a day, spaced between two to four hours. Each meal should include a combination of lean protein, healthy fats, carbohydrates, such as whole grains and fruits and vegetables. You can eat as many green vegetables with each meal as you want. The meals must not contain any of the "F.L.A.B.B." (fat-loading and belly-bloating) foods including all fried foods, high-fat/processed meats, anything made with refined sugar and white flour, butter, margarine, whole-fat cheese, cream, dried fruit and fruit juice. Each day, in addition to the five meals, you may consume up to 100 calories of whatever you want. Between meals you may snack on cucumbers and celery. You are allowed to indulge from the F.L.A.B.B. food list on your day off (one day/week), your meal off (one meal/week) and your 100 calories a day. The portion sizes recommended for the five meals are quite small, which then leads to the reduction in calories and thus the weight loss.

The authors do a good job of making the diet plan as simplistic as possible; however, a few recommendations are not supported by evidence-based science, including buying and consuming organic produce and biological effects of sugar (caloric) and artificial (non-caloric) sweeteners. For example, the authors equate consuming artificial sweeteners to drinking chlorinated water from a pool. There are also some contradictions. For instance, the authors state consuming soda (diet or regular) leaves you malnourished and craving carbohydrates, yet they "allow" it on your meal and day off. If this truly is the case, which it is not, why are the authors allowing this at all? They also advise eliminating caffeine by not consuming regular/diet soda, but they "allow" tea and coffee, which can be higher in caffeine. Also, the plan encourages eating raw fruits and vegetables, including unlimited celery and cucumbers, which may cause gas and bloating for many.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    So, basically it's eat nutritious foods 90% of the time and indulge 10%. Sounds eerily similar to something else!!!

This isn't that unique, but whatever works for you.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    No, but I have tried the 'On The Game Diet'. :laugh: :wink: