Only one girl scout cookie!

Options
pkw58
pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
I planned and only ate one girl scout cookie today! Absolutely a first for me!

Replies

• saraj78
    saraj78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That IS a victory!! Good for you!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Great job! This will be my first Girl Scout Cookie season since joining MFP.... we'll see how it goes:wink:
  • nataliedrake3
    nataliedrake3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    If I got near one I don't know if I could resist. I think it's better that me and Girl Scout cookies don't meet. lol Great job on your restraint!
  • Hershpup
    Hershpup Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great job. I haven't done that yet. I did only eat 4 thin mints the other day.
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I bought 4 boxes and immediately gave them away! I hope to have your good habits soon, but for now I am avoiding temptation.
  • Lanette67
    Options
    I can't trust myself so I didn't buy any this year :)
  • Tecia1970
    Tecia1970 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You are better than me. There is no way I could have stopped at just one. If I buy any this year my husband and kids will have strict instructions to hide them where I can't find them lol.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    WTG!
    My daughter is a Girl Scout Daisy- there is temptation all over my dining room table!!!

ETA- If you want to help a troop at a booth or something but don't want to use calories for cookies, consider donating to the Operation Cookie Drop that the Girl Scout troops do. They donate boxes of cookies to US armed forces troops that are serving overseas!
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I ate three for 130 cals. The peanut butter sandwich ones. My favorite ones are the Thin mints and Tagalongs. Yum!
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    impossible!!!
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    WTG!
    My daughter is a Girl Scout Daisy- there is temptation all over my dining room table!!!

ETA- If you want to help a troop at a booth or something but don't want to use calories for cookies, consider donating to the Operation Cookie Drop that the Girl Scout troops do. They donate boxes of cookies to US armed forces troops that are serving overseas!

What a great suggestion...a win win.
  • timlover38
    timlover38 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a sure fire way to resist eating Girl Scout cookies. I don't buy them.

:)
  • bluemoon551
    bluemoon551 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I limited myself to 8 thin mints for 320 calories. I could eeeeeasily eat the entire box.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    That has to be a world record! Way to go!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I had two Samosas yesterday and one of those Lemon cookies today.

Good job. it's hard.
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    h79eJ.jpg

sorry I had too

but congratulations, great will power:wink:
  • kniga025
    kniga025 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

Thankfully I'm flat broke, so this cookie season won't be as bad for me. I can eat an entire box in one sitting, easy.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It was great too, wasn't it?!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I bought two boxes of cookies today, Samoas for me and Tagalongs for my boyfriend. . I have not yet opened them, but I'm not going to eat anymore than the serving size. 2 cookies, that's it. Great work though! It's mind over matter, you can do it if you overcome the urge!
  • DaddyCrossfit
    DaddyCrossfit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh, crap! It's that time of year again? They're like Pringles...can't eat just one. Guess I'll have to bump up the cardio until they're gone. :tongue: Oh...nice job controlling yourself....this time...<evil laugh>...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!