Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I keep hearing about these. What are they used for in regards to weight loss? I keep hearing people talk about using them for calorie tracking, is this just during exercise or throughout the day? Are they worth investing in?

Replies

• skittles137
    skittles137 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mkhred1
    Options
    I use mine to track calories I intake...and it definitely motivates me to keep exercising... so I can get to a higher calorie burn total. :)
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I use mine for the following reasons with the chest strap

Monitors my heart rate in terms of calories burnt which is fairly accurate but not 100% but better than relying on a machine or the MFP calculator

Makes me work harder if Im say at 150 cal burnt I will continue to work out till im at 200 and if I reach 200 I will try for 250 (crazy woman syndrome lol) but it works.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You wear it during intentional exercise to find out how many calories you burn or to monitor your heart rate. It's only good for cardio type exercise, not lifting and it has to be something that significantly raises your heart rate for a period of time. You can't wear it all the time and get accurate numbers.