Choosie Foodie who wants to Loosie.

Options
Hi All -

Happy to be here. I am loving this application; it's outstanding that it is free! Hoping to use it to its best ability to get me through my 8th semester of college. I am a food and nutrition student, mother, waitress, self-proclaimed foodie, and sustainability nut. I am currently taking an awesome free online course through John Hopkins University about the U.S. Food System. I recommend it to all!

What I enjoy most about this place is the awesome list of foods, the ability to add my own recipes, and the straight forward input/output calculator. I am having a ton of fun, and am consistently surprised at how motivating a few numbers on a screen can be.

Looking for a few friends to connect with here, to keep me active. Hoping to work my way down to my goal weight so I can maintain an active lifestyle like no big thing. I have battled with depression and anxiety for a majority of my life, and for a long time used food as a coping mechanism. Then I switched to alcohol, then weed, then alcohol, then food. It's been a rather annoying pendulum ride but I'm totally over it. Ready to shed all that bull**** and get going again. I am ready to start participating in life instead of watching it happen for everybody else.

I wish you all the best of luck in your journeys to a healthy and happier you!

Regards,

Kat