Creaking Body! lol

Options
i have been experiencing major knee and shoulder cracking going on. i recently began running, and while riding my bike very easily for 30 min yesterday my knees were cracking like crazy with every peddle. now my knees kind of hurt today, even though i did not run this morning. i also hear cracking in my shoulders when i lift even 3lb weights and in my hips when i do leg lifts. am i doing something wrong? is this cracking normal or am i injuring myself?

Replies

• mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    Tough questions and hard to really answer the 'am i injuring myself part?' without being you or a doctor....what I can tell you is that when i began running 10 years ago that I noticed a lot of popping and cracking - it went away...but NOW i notice it a lot in the mornings because im 10 yrs older lol

Same thing was true for weight lifting - when I would bench press I would get popping in my shoulder/elbow untill I got used to it.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    My knees already pop because they've both been injured at some point in my life... my shoulders popped when I first started lifting weights differently. I think it may just be your joints getting used to new movement. :happy:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I was a dancer for 15+ years and all my joints from the hips down have cracked and popped for as long as I can remember... Never really caused me pain though... except for when its about to storm :wink: :laugh: