Just throwing a slight rant out there

Options
I am hurt again!! !!! ! ! !:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:

Three hernias repaired just 5 months ago and I have pain develop on the left side today after a bit of exertion! :noway:

Oh well I guess I'll see what the next 4 or 5 days hold to see if it is just a strain that goes away quickly or.....

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Oh bless your heart! Hate to see that.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Hope it is just something minor.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I hope you feel better quick. : (
  • joolson45
    joolson45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That stinks.. sorry to hear that... rest..ice..ibuprofin..you'll be better before you know it... just listen to your body
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You are young and will pop back but I know you are pissed cause I have the bad luck of getting hurt from exercise. I'm an old lady with lots of energy and I'm capable of doing quite a bit but I pay for it, and I'm out of commission for quite a while, limping, and hurting. I hurt for so long that what I did doesnt even matter. I'm told to ride station bikes, etc. and exercise for 10 minutes 3x week. cant do that but i will have to one day, and its not fair.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support. It feels like a few weeks after surgery... Time will tell what that means.
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Day 5 - pain is a lot less and I have only stabbing pain about 4 times an hour now. Out of the gym for another day and I am starting to feel the motivation to be in the gym wane.
    I guess I'll have to push back my 1 April goal......
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I don't have a hernia but still understand what you're going through. I've been limited on what kind of exercise I can do for the past three months due to surgery. When I started working out again I did too much and had to stop for a while. Now I'm walking 20-30 minutes a few times a week. It's so frustrating when I want to do so much more. But I know I need to give my body time to heal. I wish you speedy healing.