Those who intake 1200 Calories.. a quick question

Options
Hi! I just started MFP a few days ago and about ready to begin exercising. Could you tell me if I am at 1200 caloric intake, should I be increasing it when I begin to exercise? Does MFP automatically add more calories to my diet? Just curious.. I really don't want to pass out, I know my body needs energy to exercise and right now food is at a minimum which my body is just beginning to get used to. Thanks!

Replies

• torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi :) When you add exercise into MFP it will automatically increase your calorie allowance for that day so that you 'eat back' the calories lost through exercise and don't eat too little to get through the day.
    Hope this helps,
    Toria x
  • Kimmy_927
    Kimmy_927 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I try to eat about 1,100 calories a day and I work out 3 days a week. But there are days when I go above 1,100 so I think those days make up for calories I lose. I can't realistically stick to 1,100 each day
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    As long as you log your exercise, MFP will increase your calorie allotment for the day.
  • refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I try to eat about 1,100 calories a day and I work out 3 days a week. But there are days when I go above 1,100 so I think those days make up for calories I lose. I can't realistically stick to 1,100 each day

Hey it doesn't look like you have very much to lose, 1,100 calories a day and not eating exercise calories back is way too low for your body to function properly. If you ate more your weight loss may be more successful.