losing weight everywhere except my belly.

Options
I've lost over 60 pounds, but it seems to be coming from everywhere except my belly. I started at 340 and am now 277, I don't expect that it happen now and I have long to go, but I'm concerned I'm doing something wrong. I do 5 hours at the gym per week, 3 hours of cardio and 2 hours of weight training. I'm eating between 1200 and 1580 net calories a day. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• camaraden
    camaraden Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is the hardest and usually the last thing to go. Don't be discouraged just because it isn't showing yet. 60 pounds is a solid number and if you keep it up you will do just fine!
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I've been at my goal weight (135) for five months and still don't like my belly. I just keep at it with a small calorie deficit, stopped doing so much cardio and started lifting. Slowly but surely things are improving, but it's definitely the last area to improve. Just keep at it, it'll happen eventually. If you quit, it'll never happen.
  • ameliadlt
    ameliadlt Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement folks. There's no giving up. :)
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Sometimes its really hard to see the changes to your belly, if everything else is shrinking too, the proportions seem the same still so your belly still looks to you the "same" size. Have you recorded measurements? I track it at the belly button, rather than bothering with my waist (naturally a I shape A-cup so will never have much of a "waist")

I do hear it is one of the last places to go, as well.

Have you tried the 30 day shred? You can view it on youtube. I'm on day 6 of it so don't have a lot of experiences but if you search on here and google for success pics from it, WOW it can really cut down the belly.
    I'm only doing the modified versions (cos its haaaaaaaaaaard!) & only doing it 4 days a week (M-Tu-Th-F) and after 6 sessions my belly only protrudes now, rather than protruding AND hanging a lil.
  • meljoy72
    meljoy72 Posts: 2
    Options
    Likely stress related due to cortisol production. Try to do something to alleviate stress such as meditation