Eating 1400-1450cal/day burn 500+ with exercise

Options
My stats:
Height:5'1"
Weight: between 178-180
Bmr: apprx 1640
Tdee: appr 1900

I try to consume approx. 1400 (give or take depending on exercise) calories a day and work out twice a day ( between 45-65 min/day). Is this healthy regimen? Also I'm on a high protein intake because I weight train 3x a week, cardio 6x a week ( 1 day rest, low intensity workout like wii fit lol)

Any constructive input is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Where did you establish your BMR and TDEE? And what is your goal weight range? I'm getting a BMR of 1430 and TDEE of over 2100 to 2200 with the amount of activity you are doing. If the above is accurate, and you wish to lose about 45 lbs or so, then you can begin eating at a 600 calorie deficit - 1500 to 1600 - and lose 1.25 lbs per week.
  • Wakeupwaisted
    Wakeupwaisted Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Wakeupwaisted
    Options
    Where did you establish your BMR and TDEE? And what is your goal weight range? I'm getting a BMR of 1430 and TDEE of over 2100 to 2200 with the amount of activity you are doing. If the above is accurate, and you wish to lose about 45 lbs or so, then you can begin eating at a 600 calorie deficit - 1500 to 1600 - and lose 1.25 lbs per week.

Bmr formula: Women: BMR = 655 + ( 4.35 x weight in pounds ) + ( 4.7 x height in inches ) - ( 4.7 x age in years)

Tdee

-Sedentary................BMR x 1.2 (little exercise)

(I consider myself sedentary as of now. I will be upping my exercise tomorrow)

My goal weight is between 120-125lbs.

P.s. I have no official way of counting exercise calories , just estimates.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

MFP does this for you....
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Considering you are lifting 3 days a week, supplemented with 6 days of cardio, you would be classified as moderately active, at least (which is a 1.55 modifier). This would bump up your TDEE closer to 2100 to 2200. Thus, you could aim for the 1500 to 1600 calorie range.

As you reduce fat mass, you'll need to reduce the deficit. With that said, I would start thinking about how much exercise you plan on doing when you hit your goal weight and wish to maintain - I seriously doubt you'll want to continue this volume =)

The reason you want to reduce the deficit as you approach your goal is because the less fat mass you have, the less fat mass can be oxidized in a 24-hour period. Simply put, you do not require the same size deficit as fat mass reduces.

Thus, as you hit periodic, short-term weight goals (20, 40, 60), decrease exercise volume a bit as well as up calories slightly. By the time you are within 10 lbs or less of your goal weight, you should be eating and exercising reasonably close to what you'd do during maintenance. Often times people sustain too large of a deficit - from both eating too little and exercising too much - all the way to their goal and they freak out mentally about the huge changes they'll have to make in upping calories and decreasing exercise volume.
  • Wakeupwaisted
    Options

MFP does this for you....

I have to put in the calories I burn from cardio thus it's only approximates versus having a HRM and calculating my calories burned.
  • Wakeupwaisted
    Options
    Considering you are lifting 3 days a week, supplemented with 6 days of cardio, you would be classified as moderately active, at least (which is a 1.55 modifier). This would bump up your TDEE closer to 2100 to 2200. Thus, you could aim for the 1500 to 1600 calorie range.

As you reduce fat mass, you'll need to reduce the deficit. With that said, I would start thinking about how much exercise you plan on doing when you hit your goal weight and wish to maintain - I seriously doubt you'll want to continue this volume =)

The reason you want to reduce the deficit as you approach your goal is because the less fat mass you have, the less fat mass can be oxidized in a 24-hour period. Simply put, you do not require the same size deficit as fat mass reduces.

Thus, as you hit periodic, short-term weight goals (20, 40, 60), decrease exercise volume a bit as well as up calories slightly. By the time you are within 10 lbs or less of your goal weight, you should be eating and exercising reasonably close to what you'd do during maintenance. Often times people sustain too large of a deficit - from both eating too little and exercising too much - all the way to their goal and they freak out mentally about the huge changes they'll have to make in upping calories and decreasing exercise volume.

Ok thanks!! You're very knowledgeable. I appreciate your input!