Tired immediately after eating

Options
I've got a busy gym session this morning. I do a double class on Wednesday mornings, the first is spin, step and abs, and the other is a high intensity aerobics class.
In order to ensure that I have enough energy to see me through, I had two slices of whole meal toast with vegan spread, and a small bowl of muesli.
But I feel now like I want to crawl into bed and sleep!
I don't know whether this is a blood sugar spike, a blood sugar crash or something else.
I have PCOS, but I don't remember being told whether I have insulin resistance or not (I will double check next month when I have a check up)
Any ideas how to battle this in future?
Perhaps spacing the toast and the cereal apart? Or will it just stack and happen anyway?
Any thoughts are appreciated, I will check back once I get home.

Replies

• benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I often feel sleepy after a meal. I am no medical expert but I am inclined to believe that it may just be your body digesting.
    All the best,

Ben
  • sararixe
    sararixe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The meal you described sounds really carb heavy. I know that when I have too many carbs at any one time I feel like falling into a coma. It has to do with insulin receptors and blood sugar reactions. You might try increasing your protein a bit and cutting down on the grains. Good luck!