KICKBOXING QUESTION

SexyMrsCarty
SexyMrsCarty Posts: 57 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Just a quick question not too sure if anyone can help out but I started a kickboxing Muay Thai class and when I put in the time that I work out it says I burned about 1600+ cals for a 90miunte class. I am not too sure if this is right and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is right or what I can do to get a correct number.
I can't use a wrist watch HRM becuse we have boxing gloves on and we can't have any type of anything on our arms so can anyone help out? :ohwell:

Replies

• CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    If you use a HRM with the chest strap the watch part doesn't really have to be on your arm. Try it on a belt loop, pocket or tie it to your draw string pants. It just has to be near the strap. Worth a try!
  • SexyMrsCarty
    Ok thank you I will try to find one like that.

Hope the numbers are close :wink:
  • mom020305
    mom020305 Posts: 33
    I am taking a regular kickbox class tomorrow at the gym. I have a hrm so i will let you know what I burn!
  • SexyMrsCarty
    Ok thanks that would be great.:wink:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    I do a Turbo Kick class - which I've heard is faster than kickboxing - and it's supposed to be 900 calories burned in 60 minutes. I underestimate and usually put it in 660 or so.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    I have not done kickboxing but I have done boxing, I wear my polar HRM chest strap and then put the watch on my shirt sleeve or around the laces in my sneakers, ankle, something, or I just put it in my pocket.
This discussion has been closed.