are anyones calf bigger than your thigh

Options
Curious if anyone else has calves bigger than your thigh. I would love to get my calves much smaller, they measure 20.5" and the biggest part of my thigh is 19.25" Crazy. They are all muscle so its going to be tough to lose any size.

Replies

• arobles28
    Options
    I have never met anyone with a similar situation lol can't find jeans
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    No, dont have that problem, but perhaps do heavy weights to build your upper leg, squats and dead lifts. This will balance your legs out visually and you'll have stronger legs as well!
  • arobles28
    Options
    No, dont have that problem, but perhaps do heavy weights to build your upper leg, squats and dead lifts. This will balance your legs out visually and you'll have stronger legs as well!
    ya that's probably a better idea for me.
  • arobles28
    Options
    my waist is 29" and I have to get my jeans tailored
  • sbailey27
    Options
    I have the opposite problem but those calves are unreal lol
  • arobles28
    Options
    thanks, I'm only 5'5" so they look even bigger
  • arobles28
    Options
    Lol guess I'm the only one
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    yeah, i have the opposite problem. huge thighs and tiny calves.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    OMG! How did you even get them that big!?!? Lol.. I wish mine were bigger than my thighs, but nope.
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options

haha, no doubt, you've got some pretty muscular calves. One of my friends has got a similar leg build, his thighs are normal size (not particularly built) but his calves are massive. He's hyperactive so he's always bouncing around on his toes and jumping so his calves are always getting a workout lol.

I think like another poster said, don't worry about losing size in the calves, but instead just try to balance it out with working on your thighs. But seriously, those are some nice calves :P I want to get mine a bit bigger so they look nice compared to my thighs and hips.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    If my calves were all muscle like yours I would be stoked. my calves are pretty big, but you can barely see the definition of the muscles. I'm workin' on it, but daaaaaamn.

Edit: I have a thing for muscular calf muscles. *drool*
  • arobles28
    Options
    OMG! How did you even get them that big!?!? Lol.. I wish mine were bigger than my thighs, but nope.
    believe me its not that great lol. I guess I got them from bike riding
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I agree with the person who mentioned heavy weights to build your upper legs! Those are some nice calves, no need to lose them, but building muscle in your upper legs will give you the balance you are looking for. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • arobles28
    Options
    I agree with the person who mentioned heavy weights to build your upper legs! Those are some nice calves, no need to lose them, but building muscle in your upper legs will give you the balance you are looking for. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
    thanks
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I have a different issue with the legs myself, my calves are about 15" and my thighs are roughly 23-24", but my waist is right around 32" - size 32 pants usually give me 3-4 inches of play in the waist, requiring a belt, but are skin tight on the thighs (even with "relaxed" fit). I think if I want perfection I too will have to go the custom route, lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,698 Member
    Options
    Dude, those aren't calves...............................they're COWS!!!! Genetically set for COWS. What are the measurements? I'm just curious.................I'm thinking like 19"-20".

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Focus on increasing mass to your upper legs for symmetry.
  • arobles28
    Options
    Dude, those aren't calves...............................they're COWS!!!! Genetically set for COWS. What are the measurements? I'm just curious.................I'm thinking like 19"-20".

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    20.5" your close
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

If this were yesterday, I would have thought this was a troll

but today during run club I saw a girl whose calves were HUGE. She herself couldn't have been more than a size 4, so we're probably not talking 20' here but on her frame the calves seriously were wider than her thighs. It looked really weird, and even though she was tiny (and I'm NOT) I felt really bad for her because at least my big frame is more hourglass balanced.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Squats, bro.