awake and hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I buy 35 calorie 0% fat yogurts and keep them for the times I want something to eat but not blow a lot of calories. Tummy gets food, mouth is happy and I've only used 35 calories.
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    You're not getting enough protein! MFP is pretty low on the protein allowance so you should hit the target or even go over it. Anything less is not enough.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Yes I aim for 100g protein a day. Go for 35 at breakfast, another 15 straight after workout (shake) + 20 at lunch and 20 at dinner and mixed up in snacks (at least, I try my best!).

Also yeah, if you aren't drinking a lot of fluids that is likely your culprit. I used to eat SO MUCH MORE than I do now (I am talking only 3 weeks ago) however now I find I go grocery shopping and over-buy all the time, it's horrible! Your body needs to adjust to the decrease in calories, and you need to be sure to keep the fluids up. In Western culture we are so overfed, it's ridiculous. I look at my 5"10" boyfriend (here in Japan so yes he is Japanese) who is slim and very healthy, and he rarely eats more than I do... only sometimes now that I am on 1200. Yes, a healthy, strong guy on about 1500 who is full of energy and rides a bicycle everywhere. I still can't stomach the fermented soybeans and raw egg on rice for breakfast though!

It's simply what stupid Western culture stipulates, the ridiculous 'healthy' cereals, focus on carbs (yuck to wheat) and 1000+ calorie servings at restaurants that has caused so much difficulty... /endrant

Just keep working at it, and you'll find things improve. Your brain will retrain itself in time :)

edit: spelling