Replies

• VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    The times when I am hungry.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My exact eating schedule depends on when I get hungry and how busy I am during the day, but usually follows something like this:

800 - breakfast
    930/10ish - snack
    1130 - lunch
    130/2ish - snack
    500 - pre-gym snack
    800 - dinner

then usually some sort of snack after dinner as well lol basically I eat all day long
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Eat when your body tells you too. If your tummy is rumbling, it's not good to let it go like that for too long or you might over eat or your body might store too much of what you eat, bc it's afraid your not going to feed it again. I stay under my calorie goal by quite a bit eat day, but I feel like I am constantly eating. It works for my metabolism. Each person is different. I just recommend not eating too too close to bed time. I've read that your tum should rest for a bit and have a chance to digest before sleeping. Then shock your system awake the next morning with a big glass of water. Water first thing in the morning is awesome!

I think you meant well and were trying to be helpful in your post. That being said, there is a lot of misinformation. Unless you go several days without food, there is no adaptive thermogenesis or down regulating of metabolism that would cause your body to store too much of what you eat. As a matter of fact, your metabolism slightly increases in the first 48 hours of a fast.

Eating too close to bed time can interere with digestion and interupt sleep but, other than that, has not impact given that calorie targets were met. You stomach doesn't need any more rest than it get's from sleep.

Lastely, a big glass of water doesn't "shock" your system in any bit the slightest way. The effect on weight loss is negligible to nonexistant. If you are thirsty in the morning, drink. Simple as that.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Typical work day during the week:

7:30 a.m. - cup of soy milk, sometimes with protein powder, sometimes not
    11:30 a.m. - low sodium V8
    2:00 p.m. - lunch - typically leftovers or a sandwich wrap
    7:00 p.m. - cup of almond or soy milk with protein powder (post exercise)
    9:00 p.m. - dinnner (big meal of the day)
    10:00 p.m. - handful of cocoa almonds

On days I don't work it varies a lot, but usually only eat once or twice.

But I eat like this because it fits my schedule and keeps me from being hungry, not because I believe it holds any advantage. Eat to fit your own schedule.