Is it okay...

MFPfriend
MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Is it okay to eat less when you are feeling sick? I've been nauseated all day, since the moment I got up. I haven't even hit 600 calories consumed, but if I look at food right now my stomach churns.
I should be okay, as long as this doesn't go for more than a few days, right?
Thanks for your input. =)

Replies

• mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    this is fine.. just get down what you can keep down.. and drink PLENTY OF FLUIDS.. i would try bland foods first.. like those on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast).. or some crackers..
  • mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    this is fine.. just get down what you can keep down.. and drink PLENTY OF FLUIDS.. i would try bland foods first.. like those on the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast).. or some crackers..
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Being sick is not an every day occurrence. Take care of yourself by letting your body lead you as to what feels right regarding eating and exercise. This is (hopefully) short term, you can get back to "the program" when you're feeling better.

:flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Yes, it is normal to eat less when you are not feeling well. What you are learning is to listen to your body. Like molly says, drink lots of liquids. A bit of OJ can hike the calories really quickly!
    HOpe you feel better soon!

D
This discussion has been closed.