30 Day Shred! Help!

Options
2»

Replies

• nano83
    nano83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! You're only 10 days in. It takes a long time. I know it's frustrating, but realizing now that it's going to take a long time to see results will benefit you along the way. In 8 months I've lost 27 lbs. That averages out to 3.3lbs per month, but there were lots of weeks that I gained, stayed the same, lost a little, lost a lot, etc. Just keep going :)

That's almost what I lose per month 2-4 lbs
    I think I should stop weighing myself .. because I do it every morning and it's driving me crazy..

A friend of mine lost weight and got the perfect body she wants without stepping a foot on a scale..
    Jeans & dresses sizes are the only way she knows that she's losing..
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!! I'm on level 2 day 5. I measure at the end of each level and not weighing til the end of the month because I know it will only discourage me if there's not a big loss. Lol, I was and have been a scale freak, but I'm trying to learn not to look at those numbers. Focus on my endurance, my increase in strength, and inches.. Granted at the end of level 1 I saw no loss in inches. However, most people said that comes in level 2. At least 4 days a week I add in extra cardio such as jogging, turbofire, or elliptical for at least 30-45 minutes. No less. I also increased my veggies and fruits. I have always been a lean meat person as well, only because I'm not a big fan of red meat. I try to maintain an intake of AT LEAST 1200 minimum. My goal is set for 1500. Some days I reach that, but overall I average around the 1300 mark.

Just be patient. It kills me at times too, but listen to your body. I can tell mine is getting stronger so I must be doing something right! Same goes for you! I had honestly planned to do 2 rounds of this. As soon as I finish on the 28th, I'm starting back at level 1 on March 1st. Consecutive days, no breaks. Some people don't get the results they want 1st time around. And that's okay! Build your strength and the second time around will only be easier! Results don't come for free girl! Stay strong!! Feel free to add if you'd like!
  • nano83
    nano83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!! I'm on level 2 day 5. I measure at the end of each level and not weighing til the end of the month because I know it will only discourage me if there's not a big loss. Lol, I was and have been a scale freak, but I'm trying to learn not to look at those numbers. Focus on my endurance, my increase in strength, and inches.. Granted at the end of level 1 I saw no loss in inches. However, most people said that comes in level 2. At least 4 days a week I add in extra cardio such as jogging, turbofire, or elliptical for at least 30-45 minutes. No less. I also increased my veggies and fruits. I have always been a lean meat person as well, only because I'm not a big fan of red meat. I try to maintain an intake of AT LEAST 1200 minimum. My goal is set for 1500. Some days I reach that, but overall I average around the 1300 mark.

Just be patient. It kills me at times too, but listen to your body. I can tell mine is getting stronger so I must be doing something right! Same goes for you! I had honestly planned to do 2 rounds of this. As soon as I finish on the 28th, I'm starting back at level 1 on March 1st. Consecutive days, no breaks. Some people don't get the results they want 1st time around. And that's okay! Build your strength and the second time around will only be easier! Results don't come for free girl! Stay strong!! Feel free to add if you'd like!

Thank you so much for your response! It made me feel better !
    The only reason why I didn't give up is because I'm enjoying it..
    My body is defiantly getting stronger..I can do the whole level one without stop..

Patience is everything .. !!!
  • AmandaMaitland
    AmandaMaitland Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your response! It made me feel better !
    The only reason why I didn't give up is because I'm enjoying it..
    My body is defiantly getting stronger..I can do the whole level one without stop..

Patience is everything .. !!!

Glad I could help girl! And yes, patience and determination is key!! Even though I want to strangle Jillian sometimes and cuss her out in my head, I am also thanking her lol. We got this!
  • violinkeri
    Options
    It will pay off! ive only been on it for 2 days and ive gained weight...for the first bits of it i have been reading here that your muscles will retain water and be swollen (and heavier) as they repair and become stronger. Plus idk your age or gender (assuming female, i dont know too many guys doing 30ds), but it could also reflect where in your 'cycle' you are. im up my weight bc im bloated from THAT too. Keep on keeping on and wait until the end to judge the success!
  • takemetothepub
    Options
    A friend of mine lost weight and got the perfect body she wants without stepping a foot on a scale..
    Jeans & dresses sizes are the only way she knows that she's losing..

That is the only way to do it, body weight changes hourly you really cant rely on it to tell you how a diet is going. Maybe look every six months or so but even then just go on how you look not what you weigh.