From Fat Tuesday to Thin & healthy every day

Options
Yes, I was very Fat on Tuesday...my highest all-time weight.:blushing: I can stand it no more.:sad: Today is Ash Wednesday. As a Methodist, I've always observed Lent as the pathway to Easter, but I never gave up anything before. I think it is time to give up a few things for Lent:

1. High-Fat & Sugary Foods
2. Overindulgence of all foods
3. Being inactive
4. Making excuses

I'm sure there are more things I should give up, but this is a good beginning. Why not join me?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• StrawberryThief
    Options
    Good luck!
    I would say - embarking on a weight loss programme is about long term commitment, not just giving up stuff for a few months (I'm sure you know that though!). Make sure you goals are attainable for the long term, not just until Easter. :)

I'm an athiest myself, but lent is a great time to start something like this because a lot of other people are giving things up so you've got a lot of support and empathy around you. Plus, I still get something important out of it without the religious aspect - it's good for us to remind ourselves how much we have and how lucky we are!

Good luck!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    It is a great day for a new and improved you... a good time for all of us to try and make ourselves better. Good luck to you.:flowerforyou:
  • Pinkiepreppie
    Pinkiepreppie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    God bless your heart.