what am I doing wrong??????????????

Options
I"ve benn on this program since Jan 4, and have not lost anything, my pants are not tight any more I have been righting down everything, I am now eating 1800 this week. And I have been riding my bike at least 45 min 5 x a week or walk for 35-40 min.Any sugestions??????

Replies

• chrisp_60
    chrisp_60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i guess it takes some time for some of us! the best would be to consult a nutritionist/dietician and probably see what you should be doing and whats best for you! but don't give up...you will get there...:) Good luck!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    If your pants are no longer tight, then you have lost. You lost inches. Which is better for measuring success than pounds anyway.
  • jacquiann
    Options
    Hi Dorothy Gail

Look at how many calories you are burning and then see if you can re=duce your intake to 1700. Its important that you balance what you eat as well.
    Simple changes in food may be the best way to loose.
  • Trish1Stephens
    Options
    1800 is a lot of calories... you should try 1600 and it should be protein heavy, low sugars... its normal to not lose weight as it starts redistributing to different areas of your body... concentrate on inches and stick with it. mix up the bike with jogging or running if you can.
  • jennbriere
    jennbriere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Does your diet include low carb and low sugar but high protein?

Eating 1800cal is good, but you need to make sure they are "good" calories.

Also, you might just be the same weight on the scale, but are you checking your inches?..you are most likely changing your fat to muscle and muscle weights more so you won't see it on the scale, but you will see it in your measurements and clothes :)

I have maintained my weight for about a year now without even watching my food intake (was eating Mcdo, pizza etc) ..and the last week or so I have been watching my food, eating low sugar and low carb foods and I have started up the gym again and I weight myself this morning and was 3lbs heavier...but I know it is muscle building, because my tummy is flatter than it was last week. Don't be discouraged, I encourage you to check your measurements (arms, bust, stomach, legs)... you might be pleasently surprised of the awesome results your hard work has been doing :)

Good luck!
  • loui07
    loui07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi you may have lost fat but gained muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat.
    Have you measured yourself to see if you have lost inches.
  • tlkrallman
    Options
    I don't think it's the amount of calories you're consuming, if your active. It may be more the types of calories your consuming. Take a look at your diary and find how many empty calories your consuming.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    If you're jeans are no longer tight, then you are losing inches!!! Keep up what you're doing. You'll start losing lb's soon! Losing inches is better than losing weight anyways!!!! Good job!!! Have you been measuring, so you can track your success? :happy:
  • joniannbrooks
    joniannbrooks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    All good points. If you are logging your exercise on MFP they do add back to your "allowed" calorie intake. Great if you want to maintain bad if want to lose. If you calculated your calories to be 1800 and you are exercising hard you may not be eating enough...........................of the right things. It is a check and balance. Reduce calories and see where you go.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    What's your BMR and TDEE?

How are you estimating your calorie burns? It looks like sometimes you're eating exercise calories back and sometimes not. What do you usually do?

If you are losing inches then you are making progress. It may just take time for your weight to start dropping.

Your ticker says you've lost 4 lbs. Is that since January 4?
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I"ve benn on this program since Jan 4, and have not lost anything, my pants are not tight any more I have been righting down everything, I am now eating 1800 this week. And I have been riding my bike at least 45 min 5 x a week or walk for 35-40 min.Any sugestions??????

This is all a bit confusing, you say you are eating 1800 calories a day but in your post on another thread you contradict this:
    I started out with 1740 calaries, then on the 2nd week I went down to 1422 calaries, then to 1430calaries now I am at 1419, and have not lost a pound. I"ve lost inches in hips, and waist. Am I not eating enough???I ride my bike at least 5 times a week for 30-45 min. Or else I walk for 30 min.I am not hungry.Next week I will drop to 1407 a day.

You also say you have lost nothing yet your ticker says 4lb lost?

Perhaps if you could open up your diary, explain exactly what you have been doing and for how long, then we can help.

Just not enough information here to work with :smile:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    One things that I think helped me avoid plateauing was changing up my workout. I changed my exercise routine every 4-5 workouts. It kept my body from falling into a routine. If your body gets used to an exercise routine than it eventually doesn't have to work as hard, which results in fewer calories burned. I suggest maybe switching up your workout routine.

Good luck!!
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In my opinion 1,800 is quite alot of calories to be consuming if you want to loose weight, I would try cut that to 1,500 x
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Just realised your diary is already open - sorry.

First up, why have you picked the figure of 1800 calories? If you need advice on a good figure to aim for have a look at this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Secondly, there's a lot of stodgy food in your diary - deep fried oysters and bagels, hotdog rolls etc are not going to help your weight loss.

Calculate your calorie intake using the link above. Stick to it consistently for four weeks and I promise you will start to see results.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    In my opinion 1,800 is quite alot of calories to be consuming if you want to loose weight, I would try cut that to 1,500 x

There's no way to know whether the calorie goal is appropriate without more information.

It's like one of those math problems in school where you have to determine whether you have all the relevant information. In this case, we don't. We need to know height and weight, or at least BMR and TDEE, before we can suggest a calorie goal.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    *writing
    *suggestions
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Holy quick added calories.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? 1800 a day might be too much.

Also, I looked in your diary. I'm no angel but your food is pretty terrible. Deep fried stuff and hot dogs..... ??
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    *writing
    *suggestions

Spelling
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi you may have lost fat but gained muscle. Muscle is heavier than fat.
    Have you measured yourself to see if you have lost inches.

This is not what has happened.