iPhone running app

Options
What is a accurate running app for free (hopefully). I run inside and use the runtastic pedometer. Has anyone else and what's your thoughts?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is good. I didn't find the Map My Run accurate GPS wise.
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike+ running app. Its $4.99, but in my opinion SO worth it. Easy to use and accurate.
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is good. I didn't find the Map My Run accurate GPS wise.

I run with a friend. She uses Map my run and I use the Nike+ app. They are always different. Nike+ is consistent each time we do the same route. Map my run is different every time sometimes longer, sometimes shorter and the pace seems irratic too.
  • siobhsies
    siobhsies Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Endomondo is great for me and its linked to MFP!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Strava is pretty good
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper. I tried map my run and runtastic, didn't like the interface. Seems consistent fo rmy run. Depends on how good a GPS signal you get in your particular area.
  • jcfromtb
    jcfromtb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    +1 for Endomondo. Once you finish your run, hit the stop button and it immediately feeds into your MFP exercise log. To link the app with MFP is really easy, takes 2 minutes.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    If iphone my vote is for ismoothrun linked with runkeeper
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper is very solid and worth paying for.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I should say, I actually use JogLog. It's more customizable than Runkeeper but links with my runkeeper account. It's not free though - costs $1.99. WELL worth it, IMO.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Best free is Nike+ Running. Other good ones are Runtastic Free edition, Runkeeper, MapMyRun, and Endomondo. I recommend Nike+ since it integrates with your music without you having to pay for that feature. If you don't care about music, then get any. They all use the same GPS hardware built into your phone.
  • Mandatrain
    Options
    For an outdoor workout- Endomondo. I've let the app run and used my Garmin at the same time. For me, it's proven to be totally accurate. If you're running indoors, Zombie,Run! is a lot of fun. It also has an accelerometer to record your pace but I just don't think the technology is there yet. It does let you listen to your own music while you go on missions and run for your life ;) The app also has GPS for outdoor runs.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    For outdoor running, I suggest Runkeeper. They have both a free and a paid version, but I've found the free works just fine for me.