Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Tired, heavy legs?

I know that sounds weird... but I have a question.

I've been lifting, heavy intense workouts. And my legs are tired. They are pleasantly sore but they feel like I'm dragging cannonballs chained to them. I'm taking in extra protein, and eating back lifting calories and taking a day off in between workouts. But it's like they're screaming on lifting days,... "we don't wanna!!!!"

After I stretch, they seem better and are a little more flexible. but still heavy.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Am I working them too hard? Typical lower body routine...
10-15 minutes of slow stretches
Squats with about 75+ lbs. 3x of 8-10,
Leg curls 50-60 lbs. 3x of 8-12,
Walking lunges across the gym 2-3 x
Leg Press (if the squat rack is occupied I'll sub this)

Opinions anyone?

Replies

• Okay, I feel so inadequate now... just read a thread over on General Fitness about getting bulky. Deadlift? 180+! Squats 210?! Dang girls!

I just THOUGHT I was lifting heavy.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Could it be water retention? I know my legs often feel "heavy" after I've been working them. I stretch and then elevate them for a little while (I have a recliner). Sometimes I need to stretch again in the morning too. The same thing happens to my arms if I don't stretch properly and do little circles in the air every so often the next day.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    dont know what your health history is but next time you are at the doc, have him check pulses in the legs. Heaviness in the legs after exertion can PAD peripherial artery disease, probably isnt but good to have it checked! or maybe just sore.
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Are you using a foam roller on your legs since you started this program?
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Okay, I feel so inadequate now... just read a thread over on General Fitness about getting bulky. Deadlift? 180+! Squats 210?! Dang girls!

I just THOUGHT I was lifting heavy.

You ARE lifting heavy. I started deadlifting with just the bar, I got up to 180 or so. It took me about 3 months of giving it about 60%.

Dont you dare knock your stats. You fly that flag proudly, you hear me?
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    You may need to give yourself more time off or go up in weight slower.

You're doing great. Give your body time to repair and adapt.