Lent - I'm going to give up Chips!

Options
I've been giving something up for Lent since, well, before I believed in God.

Lately I have been eating chips like there is no tomorrow!! So I've given them up for Lent. This is how I stopped drinking pop! I will stop eating chips this way too! I'm so lucky I'm not in love with candy.

It seems so funny to me that I need an excuse to succeed, even though I want it the same amount. Giving it a name makes it easier somehow?

Replies

• JMaySch
    JMaySch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I eat sooo healthy but the one thing I definitely overdo is CHIPS. I can eat a half a bag a day and more if I didn't stop myself. I would like to give up chips as well. What date will you be giving them up until?
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    Well, I hope to NEVER pick it up like I used to. I could eat a full bag in a sitting (gross)

But for lent is 40 days, and I think the last day is april
  • Katies9484
    Katies9484 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up pop! It's definitely my biggest crutch, and a huge barrier to weight loss. Here's hoping!
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    1 cigarrete everyweek till easter ( 0 cig,,,, ) thats the goal , wonder if its this year im capable ....
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've been without pop for 2 years. I need to give up sweets that is my biggest thing.
  • Guisma
    Options
    whats pop?
  • originalkazila
    Options
    Pop = soda.
  • Guisma
    Options
    aha !
  • tifferlee82
    Options
    We just cannot even have chips in our house. I could easily down a bag all by myself! The one thing that helps us is knowing how expensive they are ;) Good luck - you can do it!
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    This si so freaky . As I was sitting in church this morning my 10 yr old said mom what are you giving up for Lent? I said Chip because I have been eating chips like crazy for some reason like everyday for the last 2 weeks . so when I saw this post i was like OMG! I hope i can do this I love my salty snacks . Good luck to you too.
  • sdumma
    sdumma Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Anything sweet is dangerous to me. I could be doing soooo well for so long until I have just one taste...then my mind goes bonkers and it`s all I want, all I can think about. I am battling a very real addiction to sweets...last night I gorged on an entire!!! large bag of twizzlers until I actually thought that I might puke, I was on the verge...no joke :sick:
  • tifferlee82
    Options
    1 cigarrete everyweek till easter ( 0 cig,,,, ) thats the goal , wonder if its this year im capable ....

You ARE capable if you decide to believe that you are! BEST of luck quitting smoking :)
  • disawell
    disawell Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Lent: I'm not a catholic but it seems as good an excuse as any : I've given up facebook. this will be my first full day without it. maybe MFP will become addictive LOL. Foodwise I SHOULD give up something....but nah. I am looking forward to rejoining my fb friends with hot cross bun in hand LOL
  • bpn80
    bpn80 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm giving up sugar! So far I'm definitley missing my afternoon sugar rush.
  • Guisma
    Options
    Tx !
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    May I ask the reason you participate in this religious tradition?
  • joywo
    joywo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up all dairy. Was going to give up wine, but then laughed out loud and realized that wasn't doable. :laugh:
  • lilc110
    Options
    Good luck! I'm giving up sweets - this is not going to be easy at all! :p We can do this!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I just gave them up for life. Along with Coke, and whole lot of other stuff. But for lent, I think it's going to be deserts of any kind.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am doing the sweets giving up too. I really need to.