counting Calories

Jennie85
Jennie85 Posts: 41
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey FP's
i have a question... Do you count all ur burned calories?
(even the ones u burn doing dished / clean the appartment?)
the reason i am asking is ... i walked my daughter to school then cleaned my appartment and then walked
to Physical therapy with my youngest then picked up my oldest from school and walked home i burned a total of 1100 calories already and its not even noon yet lol... AND i still have my workout ahead of me (i usually burn around 800 calorioes with my cardio / strenght workout)... there is no way i can eat all those calories!!!!!! but i dont wanna skip my workout either

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I only log the exercise I intend to do. I know I get more than that during the day because I work with Orthopedically Impaired kids. I just put my lifestyle as lightly active and log the exercise I set out to do.
  • I just log the actually exercises I do and don't keep track of the calories I burn "doing normal stuff"
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    If you set your activity level correctly, you should not input normal daily activity, those are included.

Only include things that are above and beyond.

For instance, don't put in doing laundry, if you do laundry every day, but DO put in chopping down a tree, if chopping down a tree isn't something you do daily (and a VERY good workout by the way as long as you use an ax and not a chain saw).
  • Jennie85
    well the walking isnt something i do everyday ( but the cleaning is) so i can log the calories i burned walking today?!
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    You can but if you don't I find I get a better reflection of my caloric intake and don't eat too many calories.

Good luck :)
  • Jennie85
    Thank you :)
    i have trouble eating all my calories
    and i never manage to eat my exercise calories
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    No - I only count the calories from exercise. Currently I am doing the 30 Day Shred which I DO NOT log in at all. I do however, log in the cardio I do after work, whether it be running or the elipitical trainer.

I will allow myself to eat those calories burned if I am hungry, but right now I'm struggling to eat just my minimum of 1200 calories. I used to be able to eat 2000 EASY!!!
This discussion has been closed.