24, where did i go?

hasiangirl
hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Everytime I passed a mirror and looked into it, I thought to myself where did you go to Di?...The person i saw in that reflection didnt even resemble what I used to look like....The bad eating habits had caused my hair to very brittle and not healthy, my skin was dried from the lack of water and broken out from bad habits (maybe not eating, but when I dont take care of my health everything else goes along with it)....I had dark circles under my eyes....my clothes were way too snug on my rather large body and to be frank about it...I just looked like utter *kitten*...At that point I decided I wanted me back....I didnt want to walk by a mirror and suck in my tummy to "fool" myself into thinking I was skinnier than I really was...I'm posting this because when I look in the mirror today I am somewhat seeing the old me...my skin isnt dry and flakey anymore due to the fact that I drink the right amount of water now, it's not broken out because I take care of myself better, my hair is actually not all that damaged anymore and its starting to get that old shine back....and my body, well it's actually starting to piece itself back together....I can see muscles that I hadnt been able to see in over 5 yrs....I am now seeing parts of my old reflection....And well as far as the dark circles go, being a mommy of 2 young boys will do that ...so those will have to wait :laugh: but I missed seeing me and now that "Di" is starting to reappear in that mirror I am overwhelmed with joy and just so dang eccstatic :bigsmile:

Replies

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Very good!!! I hope to leave my old self behind!!!!! I have not been this weight since about middly school!! So I am now in that fortress weight. It just won't let go! I hope to yank the fat from my body! Hope you reach your goals!!! Maybe you shall impress this guy!! He better be worth it!!! I know I am trying hard to get where I want and I hope you are too!!!

Best of luck to you!!
    -Roy
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    You go girl! :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    You'll make that break through eventually hun especially at the pace you're going.....:flowerforyou: just keep up the hard work and stay focused...as far as the guy goes...he notices me already I just want to really wow him when he comes back from school... :P and thank you steph! hope you two power90 freaks have a great day :bigsmile:

p.s. being a power 90 freak is a good thing lol
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    Thanks girl! I love love being a Power 90 freak then! I hope you have a great day too!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    :flowerforyou: Nice post. I am happy for you. :flowerforyou:
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 315 Member
    I'm so happy that "Di" is coming back! :flowerforyou: I know you must be feeling so much better about yourself & it's great for you to let us know so we can celebrate with you!:drinker:
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    YAY I am sooooo Happy for you... =] if your happy I'll be happy as well =] Great Job!!!
  • hasiangirl
    thank you all..you're all so very sweet....and to any of the mommy's out there ....I'm finding out that it is possible to get somewhat of ur old stomach back (I havent completed the process 100% yet) but i'm starting to see my skin tighten up and the more muscle i get the more taught its getting ....so it is possible...don't get let down by the way it looks at first
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    That's great, Di!! :) I can see it too. The other day at the gym, I lifted up my shirt to check out my stomach and I can see the start of ab definition on the sides of my belly!!! The old me is definitely returning so I'm feelin' your joy! :happy:
  • hasiangirl
    That's great, Di!! :) I can see it too. The other day at the gym, I lifted up my shirt to check out my stomach and I can see the start of ab definition on the sides of my belly!!! The old me is definitely returning so I'm feelin' your joy! :happy:
    yay!! that is awesome ....its the best feeling when u can see the ab definition ....woot woot 4 the old you coming back! congrats hun!
This discussion has been closed.