eggs?

Gin66
Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
Why would a scrambled egg be 8 calories more then a hard boiled one? Some of calories for foods on MFP seem a little off but some seem way off. Any thoughts?

Replies

• hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 81 Member
    Hi,

Maybe that are including the little bit of butter used to cook the egg in?(although 8 cals seems a little low). If dry cooking though it shouldn't be any different. I reckon that an average size egg is around 70cals - whichever way you eat it! Hope this helps
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,251 Member
    the calories in eggs are different based on whether it is raw or how it is prepared, that's not an error.
  • Gin66
    Gin66 Posts: 47 Member
    the calories in eggs are different based on whether it is raw or how it is prepared, that's not an error.

Well then it would seem a hard boiled egg would be less. I mean that is an egg..........with nothing else.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Why would a scrambled egg be 8 calories more then a hard boiled one? Some of calories for foods on MFP seem a little off but some seem way off. Any thoughts?

When I scramble, I have to use some non-stick spray...'bout 5 calories right there....maybe whatever is in the data base used a higher calorie spray or oil. I don't bother with that stuff...I just use my brand of eggs from the data base + my brand of cooking spray. Entering someone else's generic recipe is always going to be off from something you actually do yourself.
  • AnguishLanguish
    AnguishLanguish Posts: 149 Member
    It will be including added extras (milk,butter etc), this is why I add 'egg whole raw' and then add in what I actually use rather than what some other person used in their scrambled eggs.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484

Paraphrased: Scrambled Egg > Hard Boiled

Well then it would seem a hard boiled egg would be less. I mean that is an egg..........with nothing else.

Paraphrased: Scrambled Egg > Hard Boiled

Waiting for question . . .
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member

Also, if you want to be accurate, you need to use the recipe builder for something you're doing yourself, or enter all ingredients in the diary. Someone else's homemade chicken soup or whatever in the data base may or may not even remotely resemble yours. The ingredients in the data base are pretty dead on for the most part.