Terrified of 30DS

Options
So I hear everyone's been getting amazing results but I'm terrified of trying because Jillian Michaels is insanely hard.

How would you get over your fear?

Is it worth the risk?

Have you done 30DS?
Would you do 30DS again?

Replies

• jessmart83
    jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5, and it is rough at first, but not too bad now. I am dreading moving on to level 2 though.
  • bcl003
    bcl003 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have almost all of her videos and love them, just put the movie in, take a deep breath and do it!! You won't be sorry and even if you don't finish it the first time or are extremely sore afterwards you took the first step.

Now, put it in the player (or go to youtube) and do it. No questions, no hesitation, don't talk yourself out of it!! Go now!!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Put it in. Press play. Do what you can and skip what you struggle with.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it and I am 62 years old. It really isn't that bad. Give it a go and see for yourself.

If I can do it, you can :)

Good luck
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Doing anything different that gets you out of your comfort zone is ALWAYS worth the risk. You don't get anywhere different without pushing yourself to try diffferent things. Have I done 30 DS before? Yes. Would I again? No. But that's because I got bored and her voice drove me crazy. It is a good cardio workout though!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Would I again? No. But that's because I got bored and her voice drove me crazy. It is a good cardio workout though!

Hahahahaha, THIS is exactly why I can't do it anymore.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Ive been thinking about getting the video also. Is it every day for 30 days? I currently work out with weights 3 days a week and 2 days of cardio.
  • Destinee704
    Destinee704 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Get it! Its great. I've noticed by doing Jilian Michaels 30DS it has increased my endurance and I can finally feel muscle in my legs and arms outside of fat. Not alone I'm sure I have lost inches in my body. It is going to be hard at first, but worth the pain and sweat.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It's only hard for the first few days. It will condition your body and you will look amazing you can totally do it, its mind over matter. I have done it in full twice and work it in with all her other DVD's now. As for her voice MP3 Player works wonders, I just trun it down enough that I can here when she switches a move.
  • warbelton
    warbelton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I completed day 7 of Level 1 today. Today was the first time I could complete it without a few "5 second jog in place" breaks. Just try it!:smile:
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    All 3 levels are free on you tube
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would definitely try it. I'm on Day 8 of Level 2 and I get annoyed of her too so after watching and listening the first day of each level, I put it on mute the rest of the time and just follow along while pumping some music. The first couple of days are difficult but manageable and you'll notice your endurance increase in no time!
  • Karrrrl
    Karrrrl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Its worth it! I'm on day 6 today and seeing a massive difference! I'm not going to lie, it is HARD!!! But if you're willing to stick at it then it is definitely worth the pain. I do suggest listening to music at the same time though, Jillian's voice is beyond annoying!
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of level one today and I think its a great program. Its only 20 mins and its a good burn. Also as someone else pointed out all the videos are free on youtube
  • ohmynicoley
    ohmynicoley Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 and it is getting so much easier! Day 1 I took many breaks and did it with her voice and since then I turn her almost all the way down and just do her workout while listening to my favorite workout music! =]
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it right now. I was pretty intimidated because of what everyone else is saying, but I decided to go ahead and try it anyway. If I don't try it, I won't get any results and I won't ever know if I can do it, right?:smile:

It was really tough at first, but it's gettting a little easier each day. You should try it if you don't have any physical limitations that would keep you from it!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I keep starting but never finish, I think I will have to do it everyday, as soon as I take 1 day off it becomes a week then 2. I found that it is only tough for the first couple of days
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Watch day one on youtube, it isn't that bad. And it's all about how much you put into it anyways.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    It's really not that bad. I just started Level 2 today...the first day or two are usually rough but your body adapts quickly. Just DO it! And like everyone else has said, you don't need to buy the DVD, all the levels are FREE on youtube!
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Definitely worth it! I am on level 2 and it is INTENSE! Every time I'm done I tell my fiancee that Jillian killed me! haha...but I feel so much better. I do have to say that you need to take rest days or possibly get injured...I've had hurt knees, shoulders, and abs with this workout so far...but I already saw results after 10 days of level 1. Can't wait to see the results in another 6 days from doing level 2! :) Just do what you can do and then do a little bit more the next day and soon you'll be up to her level!