Intermittent Fasting

Options
I just started intermittent fasting yesterday after doing non cards for the past month. I am in my 23 hour and surprisingly am not too hungry. I have drank a lot of water and black tea. I am going to have luch and dinner today after the initial 24 hours have past and then start 8/16 for 5 days followed by an other 24 hour fast, then back to 5 days of 8/16...etc. Does this sound about right? I have done a lot of reading on this but am still not 100% sure of all of the ins and outs of this. I could use some guidance.

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Are you abstaining from food to try and lose weight? What is the frequency?

I personally would not recommend fasting for the sole purpose to lose weight. People do it for religious reasons and I understand that and have done it myself. However if you're trying to lose weight not eating anything is generally not a good idea.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    It seems like you're sort of combining ESE, 5:2, and 16/8. I would reccomend just choosing one of them. I used 20/4 to lose weight but now that I'm trying to gain weight it usually more like 19/5 or 18/6 so I can have enough time to get all of my calories in. There's an IF group on here and you could always check out leangains.com.
  • dbradberry1
    dbradberry1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried 16/8 for a few weeks before. The main difference was that I skipped my beloved breakfast. I wasn't hungry at all although I did my workouts fasting. However it didnt end up working for me because I moved my breakfast (like cereal or oatmeal) to my after supper snack. I just couldn't stop eating. At night I could sit and eat my favorite cereal but in the morning I am limited for time I only eat a limited amount and have to leave for work.
  • AbsoluteNG
    AbsoluteNG Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    IF group here. You'll find answers to some questions and other things that you did not know that could help you out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/49-intermittent-fasting