Lose Stubborn Belly Fat

2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    NO YOU CANNOT SPOT LOSE FAT. PERIOD.

You obviously didn't read the article. Take your negativity elsewhere. I am trying to help people here.
    Correcting wrong information =/= negativity. Stop being so sensitive. Don't like it, don't post wrong information.

Mikaela: No, because technically, you still have fat everywhere even if the stomach is the most visible.

Why should I believe some random dude on the internet vs a published article? How are you so sure it's wrong information?

Because he is telling you the truth. It's been proven by science that you can NOT target body fat. You can strengthen muscles but you can not target area's. If you are eating a surplus of calories and doing a ton of planks, your body will still gain fat.

But what if it converts the fat into muscle?

It is impossible. Fat does NOT convert into muscle. And on top of that, you can NOT gain muscle unless you are eating more calories than you burn.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Think jac is trolling

Why do you guys have to be so mean? Is this the thanks I get for trying to help people? I am not a rocket scientist.....or a nutritionist......just a regular guy trying to help people. No wonder nobody wants to help around here.

People got defensive because you did. The original post was true. If you suggested this thread was ways to improve your core strength, people would agree. But as I already suggested, you can NOT target area's.
  • Cese27
    Cese27 Posts: 626 Member
    Not trying to be mean jac but like you said you're not a scientist or nutritionist,best bit of advice I've ever been given is an uneducated opinion is a dangerous one.
  • Wow.. thanks Jac- I thought you were being helpful. Dont understand the negativity.
  • scott1111111
    scott1111111 Posts: 53 Member

Technically you are incorrect. Liposuction targets specific fat deposits. If you are talking through exercise then yes.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Wow.. thanks Jac- I thought you were being helpful. Dont understand the negativity.
    It isn't negativity. It is being realistic. It is false advertising to say "if you just do these exercises you will lose stubborn belly fat". That is just not true. Are there other benefits to doing these exercises? Sure. Correcting wrong info is not "negativity".
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Why can't you lose belly fat?
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,472 Member

Why?
  • TheresaTester
    TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    To PhotogNerd:

Only in my dreams!

:ohwell:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

Why?

Genetics dictate where you lose weight from first, eventually all over but you may have ripped arms before belly fat is gone if that is what your body does with excess fat
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Reading this thread was 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,078 Member
    Reading this thread was 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    4492558_1d1c796c0b680b8233ff93e78e2a1b86_zps94acd569.jpg