Need chicken recipes

Options
harderpa
harderpa Posts: 153 Member
I am going on an almost all chicken diet. Meaning I need a lot of chicken recipes. I can not have salt, butter, or fat. I also use a lot of vegetables and some fruit. I am having a hard time finding recipes can someone help me find some?

Replies

• NualaTW
    NualaTW Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Rosemary Lemon Chicken with Yogurt Feta Sauce

Makes: 4 servings

1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breast
    1 1/4 lemons, divided
    2 Tbsp. olive oil
    1 tsp. dried rosemary
    1 tsp. minced garlic
    1/2 tsp. sea salt
    1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
    1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles
    3/4 tsp. dried oregano
    1/4 tsp. black pepper

Place chicken breast in flat dish with sides. Whisk together the juice of one lemon, olive oil, rosemary, garlic and salt. Pour the mixture evenly over meat and turn to coat both sides. Marinate for at least 30 minutes (though I leave mine in the fridge for a few hours). Grill on medium-high heat.

In serving bowl, combine yogurt, feta cheese, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, oregano, pepper. Serve chicken with sauce for dipping.

I like to serve this with brown rice and a crisp salad or steamed veggies.

I know it has some fat from the olive oil, but maybe not too much for you?
  • TinkerBelly65
    Options
    Found this on Skinnytaste.com , you can elimate the salt & pepper :O)

Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Melted Mozzarella

Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 6 • S Size: 1 cutlet, spinach, cheese • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 153.3 • Fat: 4.2 g • Protein: 24.5 g • Carb: 4.0 g • Fiber: 1.3 g • Sugar: .7 g

Ingredients:

21 oz (3 large) chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise to make 6 cutlets
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 tsp olive oil
    3 cloves garlic, crushed
    10 oz frozen spinach, drained
    3 oz shredded part skim mozzarella
    1/2 cup roasted red pepper, sliced in strips (packed in water)
    olive oil spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400°. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly spray a grill with oil (I used my George Forman) or grill outside on a gas grill. Cook chicken on the grill until no longer pink, careful not to overcook or you'll have dry chicken.

Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan on medium heat. Add oil and garlic, sauté a few seconds, add spinach, salt and pepper. Cook a few minutes until heated through.

When chicken is done, lay on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment for easy clean-up. Divide spinach evenly between the 6 pieces and place on top. Top each with half oz mozzarella, then slices of roasted pepper and bake until melted, about 6-8 minutes.
  • agar62
    agar62 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    do you like chinese food?

I love to do chicken with stir-fry veggies and some steamed rice when I need a quick go-to meal. you can use any kinds of veggies that you like, however the "brown sauce" that I make is always the same-soy sauce, corn starch, and chicken broth.

Chicken Broccoli stir-fry

Ingredients:

2 tbsp oil (any kind)
    2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1-2 heads of Broccoli (depending on size)
    1 med. onion
    3 carrots
    2 garlic cloves
    1 tsp dried ginger
    salt and pepper to taste
    2/3 cup chicken broth
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1 tbsp corn starch

dice veggies and chicken, stir fry veggies first in 2 tbsp oil (any kind you can use, I prefer Canola because of the smoke point) and then add chicken after veggies are softened. In a seperate bowl mix corn starch with chicken broth and soy sauce (I believe there are low sodium types out there). Once the chicken is cooked through, pour in sauce mixture and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low and let simmer for a few more minutes until the sauce is at the desired thickness. Serve over steamed rice.
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The most simple chicken recipe of all:
    1/2 cup of Ketchup and 1/2 cup of diet Coke. Cook chicken in this mixture for 1.5 hours. It makes a yummy BBQ sauce. Try it, it's delicious!!!:smile: