Replies

• GloMash710
    GloMash710 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!! You look great.
  • Deanemo
    Deanemo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is really great! I would be interested to see what your typical week is like as far as eating and how much you are exercising. What types of exercises and how often. You remind me a lot of my husband who is also on his weight loss journey. Some real life advice on what is working for you would be awesome!!
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! You should be really proud of howl far you've come. :smile:
  • Godscanvas
    Options
    That is Beyond Awesome, Congratulations, Great Job, and Keep Maintaining :)
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You are lookin great! Keep up the great work and keep us posted.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    way to go you look amazing!
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You look great! Your hard work and dedication have really paid off!
  • shannypoo21
    Options
    You've have done well, congrats on you progress! Thank you for sharing!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I am sure you are proud to hear, you look like half the man you used to be. Litterally! Great job!
  • akilawhiley
    Options
    MY TWIN!!!
    Your hard work and dedication is something to be admired. You are truly 'becoming the best you'... so PROUD and HAPPY for you. Thank you for being such an inspiration <3
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You Rock! Amazing progress.
  • JustMyImagiNAYtion
    Options
    Looking good! Awesome job!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Way to go - congratulations!!!
  • Jribeiro86
    Jribeiro86 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Amazing change, and you look great!!
  • jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • rocket_ace
    rocket_ace Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    great job
  • Sambytheway82
    Options
    You look amazing great job sweet xx
  • cwhiley
    cwhiley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm overwhelmed with everyone's kind and motivational words! Thank you everyone!
    That is really great! I would be interested to see what your typical week is like as far as eating and how much you are exercising. What types of exercises and how often. You remind me a lot of my husband who is also on his weight loss journey. Some real life advice on what is working for you would be awesome!!

The majority of the weight came off during the first few months. When I first started at the gym I would only do cardio machines as the free weights were intimidating. So, I would do 20 mins on the elliptical and 20 on the treadmill/bike/stairclimber. I always started with 20 mins on the elliptical because I felt the most comfortable on it. I did this 5 days a week for probably 4 months. It took me that long to feel comfortable in the gym!

From then until recently I did a four days on one day off weightlifting split and cardio (30mins) 3 days per week. I kept the types of exercises low, focusing on compound movements (average weightlifting session 30-40 mins).

My four days were:
    Chest/Triceps (incline press, flat dumbbell press, cable crossovers, rope pulldowns, assisted dips)
    Back/Biceps (dead lifts (from knee-height), lat pull downs, dumbbell rows, barbell curl, preacher curls)
    Shoulders/Abs (overhead press, side raises, front raises, shrugs, knee ups, decline sit-ups)
    Legs (squats, leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, calve raises)
    Day off
    Repeat

I did this until just last month. Weight loss was reduced during this period probably losing 2-6 pounds per month.

Now, I just started doing two weightlifting sessions (full-body) twice a week and running. I am preparing for a marathon. I'm following this schedule:

http://running.about.com/od/racetraining/a/basichalf.htm

Weightlifting on Sundays and Wednesdays.

I hope this helps!
  • Deanemo
    Deanemo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!! I will share your story with him. Good luck with the marathon!!
  • MEKAMEK08
    MEKAMEK08 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!