WHY IS EVERY1 HERE SO MEAN?
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    OMG FINALLY THANK YOU.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it's easier to lose the loose weight than it is to lose the tight weight, so they are loosening it first. Thus, they say "I want to loose some weight" :happy:

But then that is still incorrect as they should say "I want to loosen some weight". :frown: Damn! I thought I was on to something. :grumble:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    1510804093_YouMustBeNewHere_vi_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I can deal with the lose/loose thing that people do (it's just an extra "o" and could easily be a typographical error) but...it's grammAr. That's two As and no Es.
  • embracethefall
    Options
    I have to agree, whether it's been beat into the ground or not. Maybe if more people paid attention to their spelling and grammar, America wouldn't be one of the dumbest countries in the world.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I don't mean this in a rude way but.... HOLY SPELLING/GRAMMAR POLICE BATMAN!!

Who cares if people use lose/loose incorrectly in their post, as long as you get the gist of what they are saying, read, respond, carry on....

Fixed it for ya
  • GoneKona
    Options
    Thanks for the spelling lesson, I was just over on the English forum and they told me how to loose weight......yes I did that on purpose. Give it a rest, people aren't on here to have their papers graded.

Nor are they on here to sound like idiots, which is what they do if they use blatantly incorrect grammar.
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't mean this in a rude way but.... HOLY SPELLING/GRAMMER POLICE BATMAN!!

Who cares if people use lose/loose incorrectly in their post, as long as you get the just of what they are saying, read, respond, carry on....

*gist

BAHAHAHAAA!!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It is the fate of grammar police to be bullied in dark allies for speaking out, or to keep silent, resisting the itch to correct. Either way, it is our fate to suffer. ;)
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Maybe English isn't their first language. How is this "General Diet and Weight Loss Help"?
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I can deal with the lose/loose thing that people do (it's just an extra "o" and could easily be a typographical error) but...it's grammAr. That's two As and no Es.

How about those that type "should of" instead of "should have" or "should've"? Or use then and than interchangeably?
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I always find an enjoyable, immature humour that sends me into quiet giggles every time someone brags about how much they've "loosed". Or how they've become 'loose'. Haha
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You know not every one on here is lucky enough to get a great education and understand the difference. And some people just do not care about their grammar on here because they are more interested in losing weight and getting support.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    You know not every on here is lucky enough to get a great education and understand the difference. And some people just do not care about their grammar on here because they are more interested in losing weight and getting support.

You don't need a great education, you just need to pick up a damn book sometime
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    spelling.jpg
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    You know not every on here is lucky enough to get a great education and understand the difference. And some people just do not care about their grammar on here because they are more interested in losing weight and getting support.

You don't need a great education, you just need to pick up a damn book sometime

Yes, and not everyone does that either. It does not mean they do not have the right to be on here and learn about weight loss. Who are we to judge anyone's grammar.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    YES. THIS. ALL DAY LONG!!! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.