Protein powder suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    my roommate mixes vanilla with juice and it actually turns out pretty good - if you were mixing with milk i would suggest body fortress chocolate peanut butter cause its delish

sorry probably not much help :(
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress Isolate-Strawberry. I have tried EAS, Muscle Milk & others. Body Fortress uses whey isolate (not whey mixtures & fillers). Has the lowest per serving amount of Sugar & Sodium, & the highest of potassium, calcium and magnesium.

Here is the recipe I use for a mid morning snack or post workout shake:
    10 oz milk
    2 Bananas
    2 cups mixed fruit (fresh frozen-no preservatives)
    4 scoops Body Fortress
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later! Currently I add hemp protein powder to a post-workout shake.. on its own with water it tastes like dirt yuck! ;)
  • reh1089
    Options
    Good low-carb one is SciVation Whey protein! About 120 cals, 4 g carbs, and 20-something g of protein. The chocolate flavor is tasty!
  • reh1089
    Options
    I have nothing to offer since I don't use protein supplements. I get all I need, and then some, through food. It never occurred to me that this is not universally true. Interesting.

A lot of people don't get enough protein in their diets. For instance, I don't eat much meat because I hate preparing it for myself. I'm not a soy person, and I rarely cook beans. So, I struggle to get in my 100 g a day I'm shooting for.
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I really hate the taste of protein powder. Just yesterday I tried a product called Any Whey, which is formulated to be tasteless and to blend well into food. In yogurt I can tell something is added, but it doesn't taste like whey. In almond butter I can't even tell it's there.

The label says you can add it to sauces, baked goods, even liquids. I haven't tried any of that yet, but it might be what you are looking for.:smile:
  • LilLifter
    Options
    PlantFusion is my favorite! I don't do dairy or soy though so I only know how it compares to other soy-free vegan options.