maybe you can help

aerobicgirl
aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
ok so ive been working out and weighed myself today and gained two lbs. but the funny thing is i don't feel it. some of my clothes fit differently i feel a little toned. i can just feel a difference. but i could see a lb from working out but 2lbs. ???

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    When starting a new program your muscles tend to retain water as part of the recovery process. This is only temporary and should balance out shortly.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    muscle..it weighs heavier than fat. GOOD JOB!
  • sboothe24
    sboothe24 Posts: 34
    When I was working with my personal trainer I was loosing inches but I gained a few lbs just b/c I was building muscle and toning as well as loosing fat. It's always good to measure yourself and then a month later check your inches again b/c you will see a big difference. Most of the time the lbs lost doesnt mean much its the inches that count. Good luck and stay focused!
  • aerobicgirl
    you guys give me so much confidence and keep me focused.
  • Katgod318
    Katgod318 Posts: 70 Member
    Ditto!

The key thing to remember is that muscle is denser than fat, thus a small increase in muscle can cause a weight gain. Muscle also retains water when you first start using them, mainly because they have been dormant for so long, but this retention will go away over time.

As hard as it is to do sometimes, try to pay more attention to the inches lost and the way your body looks in the same clothes you were wearing rather than the numbers on the scale!

BTW....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
  • aerobicgirl
    well we are gonna start a weight contest tomorrow (april 1) and i just started jillian michaels BFBM i hope it helps i really want to win. haha
This discussion has been closed.