YOU'D WEIGH ____ IN 5 WEEKS !

fluffyfeathers
fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'M CONFUSED, THIS SITE EMPHASIZES HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO EAT OR COME REALLY CLOSE TO YOUR CALORIES FOR THE DAY. BUT THE MORE CALORIES I HAVE LEFT OVER EACH DAY ,THE LOWER THE ESTIMATED WEIGHT IS IN 5 WEEKS. IMPLYING THAT THE MORE LEFT OVER CALORIES I HAVE THE MORE WEIGHT I WOULD LOSE. IS THIS TRUE OR JUST NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THAT FIGURE AFTER COMPLETING EACH DAY?????

Replies

• llyndon
    llyndon Posts: 73 Member
    Don't pay attention to the bit at the bottom. It's important you meet your calorie points and make sure you enter any exersize since it will change the numbers of calories you can have. IF you consistently under-eat your metabolism will slow down and you will stop losing weight. It may take longer but it will be worth it when the pounds come off and stay off!
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    The less calories you eat, the more weight you will lose, this is true. However, it's healthier to get as close to your calories goal as possible.
  • Katgod318
    Katgod318 Posts: 70 Member
    Personally I never pay attention to it. It calculates results for weight loss based on your caloric intake. If you take into consideration that if you eat too few calories your body will actually stop losing weight and possibly retain more water, then the estimate isn't accurate at all!

I attempted once to follow the pattern of eating fewer calories and watching what the ESTIMATOR read. After 5 weeks, I was absolutely no where closer to what that thing said than I was before.

Each person is different and different things work for them. Honestly you are going to lose weight at your own pace, be that faster or slower than what the ESTIMATOR reads. I suggest ignoring it, and continuing what you have been doing. If you pay too much attention to it, all it will succeed in doing is driving you to the mad house!!
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Ignore it. You can't eat the same exact way, drink the same exact amount of fluid or work out the same way and burn the same amount of calories every single day.... If you don't meet a good calorie intake then you risk the chance of going into starvation mode and of course that's very unhealthy.
  • Capucine7
    Capucine7 Posts: 40
    I just use it to motivate me. Looking at it as a long term instead of 1 to 2 lbs a week reminds me that small numbers add up to big numbers.
  • fluffyfeathers
    fluffyfeathers Posts: 47 Member
    thanks everyone , i feel on track now
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Good Luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.