what do u guys think of diet powdered drinks?

2»

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Drink water instead. fake sugars can trigger insulin responses and fat gain.

This absolutely.

Avoid the "fake" sugars.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    The only time I use the is to make my own "on the go" Skinny Margaritas at my local mexican restaurant.

I order a glass of water and a shot of tequila, and then add a packet of smuggled-in Crystal Light mojito!
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    I like meal replacements.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    tumblr_mabbcyAwFz1rw923q.gif
    That's what I think about them.

^^^ this
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    i think they are crap
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    TASTES GREAT......LESS FILLING!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member

This absolutely.

Avoid the "fake" sugars.

Fake sugars also include carbs. If you look at any food or drink item, the sugars will always be approximate to the carbs, but obviously those sugars are not real.

They are sometimes known as "phantom" sugars. Avoid those.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Crystal light makes a crystal light PURE which uses Truvia(stevia) and has no artificial flavors or colors. No, it isn't pure water, but it isn't laden with pure chemicals either. I have one about once a week when I want something sweet and fruity. The grape one tastes like grape kool aid, so a total "back to being a kid" memory for me.

PURE is chemical laden

“Sugar, citric acid, calcium lactate, contains less than 2% of natural flavor, rebiana (Truvia sweetener), potassium citrate, magnesium oxide, sodium citrate, salt, oleoresin tumeric”

Sugar - natural
    Citric acid - organic natural
    Calcium lactate - naturally occurring reaction
    Natural flavor...
    Truvia - natural
    Potassium Citrate - not natural and not good
    Magnesium oxide - natural
    Sodium Citrate - not natural, but not bad
    Salt - natural
    Oleoresin tumeric - semi natural, but typically obtained not

Just wanted to show how some things that look questionable are completely fine, and how stuff that is supposedly natural or organic are still full of chemicals...however, the manufacturer gets to label organic / natural because the origination is natural...darn you food industry!!!!
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member

This absolutely.

Avoid the "fake" sugars.

Fake sugars also include carbs. If you look at any food or drink item, the sugars will always be approximate to the carbs, but obviously those sugars are not real.

They are sometimes known as "phantom" sugars. Avoid those.

Marry
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Not a fan of the fakes and chems
  • I avoid them. It's just chemicals. I would much rather add lemon or cucumber slices to my water.

Same here! cucumber is the best
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    better off drinking water...or unsweet iced tea...
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    1209091427_05524.gif
    I ordered some 'powdered ice' from them to chill my reconstituted water, but demz baztards never shipped it! :mad:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    If they help you drink water and you have no issues with the ingredients than drink them.

People here are going to tell you all sorts of things. Make your choices. . Sure they have sweeteners in them.. sure they are "chemicals" however so are a lot of things. If you break down the food label names to what they actually are, they are mainly all chemicals in a lot of things.
    I use them daily, unapologetically. I'm at work and I probably have 4-5 dozen single-serve tubes in my desk in 8-10 diff flavors. And yes, I count them as water.
    I'm not one of those clean/organic freaks out there that will only eat stuff that's minimally-processed. Conversely, I'm not an extremely 'dirty' eater either. I'll eat chips and frozen box/bagged entrees every so often, but I also eat plenty of fruits, veggies, and non-processed meats. I'm all about moderation.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    I-Dont-Like-This-GIF_zps19bef977.gif
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I'm a superfan now that I've found grape-dimetapp flavor. MOAR FAKE GRAPE!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Better when re-hydrated.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Propel Zero for the personal win, largely because the water in my Brita filter absorbs some interesting scents that that baking soda misses. More "natural" flavors make me rather nauseous.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I'm a superfan now that I've found grape-dimetapp flavor. MOAR FAKE GRAPE!

If they ever make a baby aspirin flavored anything, I'm doomed.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Like crystal light or nestea

I think they taste gross.