9 things true to most success stories

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    But it doesn't mention the Sensa sprinkles or HCG drops!!??!! Whaaattt? :laugh:

Just kidding!

It is a good list and very spot on.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Actually - I like this list.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Aware of what their body needs, slow and steady, motivated, and determined..

Nuff said.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Good article!
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    But it doesn't mention the Sensa sprinkles or HCG drops!!??!! Whaaattt? :laugh:

Just kidding!

It is a good list and very spot on.

And no broscience... it's good real life advice. I approve :)
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bump for when i'm not at work
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    "1. They want to pay it forward.

The idea of paying it forward commonly occurs at the happy ending of these fitness success stories, says Duffy who has seen firsthand people who became personal trainers or aerobic instructors as a result of their life-changing experience. These people have been at both ends of the spectrum—they've been overweight and unhealthy and they've realized how much happier they are in their new bodies. Many of them are inspired to share that feeling with others and help effect the same positive changes they instilled in themselves onto others who are still struggling."

Beautiful. All of it, but especially this, IMHO.
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Great article! Thanks for sharing!
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Sensa....i can't help but laugh at those commercials...there is no way sprinkles are going to curb my appetite....yeah maybe if those sprinkles are coke...no, I'd probably be hungrier...lol
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Great list. Good to know i am on track for my own success story.
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    huh??? no one took a magic pill and woke up to a healthy, happy body???

imagine that!!!

great article...thanks!
  • Astacia74
    Astacia74 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great list! Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "1. They want to pay it forward.

The idea of paying it forward commonly occurs at the happy ending of these fitness success stories, says Duffy who has seen firsthand people who became personal trainers or aerobic instructors as a result of their life-changing experience. These people have been at both ends of the spectrum—they've been overweight and unhealthy and they've realized how much happier they are in their new bodies. Many of them are inspired to share that feeling with others and help effect the same positive changes they instilled in themselves onto others who are still struggling."

Beautiful. All of it, but especially this, IMHO.

I second that! Great article.
  • candirose69
    Options
    awesome article! Very inspiring as I feel i'm hitting most of those points :)

I was crying at the end of it but i think thats just hormones! hahaha
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see a list like this!
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    hey this is really nice! thanks for sharing
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yep, agree with almost every point.

Though one can achieve lifestyle change through slow incremental change. It doens't have to be totally abrupt. I would argue slow and steady postive changes is a better way of going about it; instead of changing your lifestyle you evolve your lifestlye, it makes it much harder to go back to what you were before.

Agree with the pay it forward point. I have no intent to do the personal trainer thing, but would love to write a book, since I do understand a high demand, low supply niche quite well (heavy strength training at home with little/no equipment), even though my only real qualification is former skinny guy that was a former fat guy.
  • RobfromLakewood
    Options
    I'm 55 pounds down of the 75 pound goal that I began with. My wife and I attacked our bad habits together and I feel this article really captures the ingredients to our shared success. Great article to share.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    nice
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Good list!