Thyroid Issues?

Options
2»

Replies

• lovekea
    Options
    I had Grave's Disease diagnosed right after I had my 5th kid. I thought I was going crazy! Super Hyperthyroidism and I never could get it to go into remission. I had my thyroid removed 2 years ago right after Christmas so now I am forever hypothyroid - I hated Synthroid and have now switched to Armour! LOVE IT!! I still have my ups and downs (it really helps if you don't forget to take your medication....lol). I Have gained 20 lbs since the surgury and lost only 3. But the frustrating thing is that it takes so much more effort now than before my thyroid issues. I swear I look at food and gain weight!!!! I am trying to re-motivate myself and not let my levels effect my efforts - so that is going to take remembering to take my medication EVERY day and hopefully this group of people!!! Good luck to you all!
  • mparks1228
    Options
    My Husband and I have been having issues conceiving, and I was/am getting for frustrated, cause i had been to doctor after doctor trying to figure out my weight had changed so drastically and why we were not conceiving. Last year though we finally found a doctor that found out what was wrong, i was born with half a thyroid, so all of my hormones are all of sorts, and my body is not regular anymore. I was disappointed but she told me that with medication and weight loss, it would be possible, but i am very discouraged and don't have that much hope, so i need that extra help and support to tell me that everything is going to be ok and that with support i can do it! I believe that it will happen i just need that extra push!
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My Husband and I have been having issues conceiving, and I was/am getting for frustrated, cause i had been to doctor after doctor trying to figure out my weight had changed so drastically and why we were not conceiving. Last year though we finally found a doctor that found out what was wrong, i was born with half a thyroid, so all of my hormones are all of sorts, and my body is not regular anymore. I was disappointed but she told me that with medication and weight loss, it would be possible, but i am very discouraged and don't have that much hope, so i need that extra help and support to tell me that everything is going to be ok and that with support i can do it! I believe that it will happen i just need that extra push!

Please consider joining this group!! You'll find so much help and support..
    http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a3695/thyroid_issues_concerns