Do you turn off your HRM right after your workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me to keep it on for an additional two hours after my work out to get my total calories burned. Believe it or not, I burn just as many calories in those two hours as I did in my hour work out.

I can see where that would be true.

I usually just turn it off after I finish the work out. I'll have to try it tomorrow to see what it does for an extra hour or two.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me to keep it on for an additional two hours after my work out to get my total calories burned. Believe it or not, I burn just as many calories in those two hours as I did in my hour work out.

I can see where that would be true.

I usually just turn it off after I finish the work out. I'll have to try it tomorrow to see what it does for an extra hour or two.
    The algorithms of HRMs are meant to calculate on an elevated heart rate ie. when you are doing cardio. It's not meant to measure at a resting heart rate. I remember a gym teacher telling me the measure of fitness is how fast you recover from an elevated rate to your resting rate. how fast do you recover?
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options

That's really interesting, I can't wait to do it.