Options
kathheen
kathheen Posts: 108 Member
But what is NSV & the other one I see a lot is TOM? :blushing:

Replies

• juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Non-Scale Victory and Time of Month......took me a while to figure out the NSV too :-)
  • lovarie
    lovarie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non-Scale Victory

TOM = Time Of the Month

Don't feel bad; my friend just explained TOM to me 2 seconds ago!
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    NSV= Non Scale Victory

TOM= Time Of Month (period)

:p it takes a bit to catch onto to the abbreviations
  • nomorewinencheese
    Options
    Thats pretty C O O L... nice abbreviations..
  • kathheen
    Options
    Haha! Of course it is how silly if me thankyou all I can now read without frustratingly trying to work it out :laugh:
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    also, "bump" means I'm not really commenting, but I want to say something on the thread so this shows up in my feed and I can come back to it later. That one took me a while, too, even though it is an Internet standard.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    also, "bump" means I'm not really commenting, but I want to say something on the thread so this shows up in my feed and I can come back to it later. That one took me a while, too, even though it is an Internet standard.
    Actually no...BUMP is an acronmy for Bring Up My Post....a way for the OP (Original Poster) to "BUMP" it back to a thread that is frequently seen due to popularity. Everyone who BUMPs so they can find it later is completely misusing the term.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Example my NSV today is `getting a t shirt that is smaller than the last one`

TOM...dang I just put on a lot of water weight...hope it goes soon :wink:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    HRM is another you'll see a lot means Heart Rate Monitor :smile:
  • kathheen
    Options
    I love the education thanks all!
  • wendy_smile00
    Options
    Thanks for posting these questions. Today is my first day on here :)
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Actually no...BUMP is an acronmy for Bring Up My Post....a way for the OP (Original Poster) to "BUMP" it back to a thread that is frequently seen due to popularity. Everyone who BUMPs so they can find it later is completely misusing the term.

Yes, I'm sure you are right, but people use it that way, too. And yes, people bump to keep it at the top so others can see and post. I forgot about that reason. I've seen more of the other later. Thanks for the correction.
  • molstern
    molstern Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for answering my questions too! I'm new here.. can someone tell me what macro and micro mean??
  • aproctor1120
    Options
    Thank you for the education. I thought that "V" in NSV stood for victory but hadn't figured out the rest. I work in a world of acronyms but was stumped by a few I would see on these posts.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    also, any acronmy you see is generally just an internet acronym as opposed to MFP specific and you can google it and find what you are looking for!
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Go to netlingo.com for a list of internet abreviations if you are interested. :smile:
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Im so glad you asked this!
    I have been wondering what NSV has been for so long!

(i knew what TOM was, lol)

cheers!
  • aymejia
    Options
    lol, i didn't know who TOM was, or where is NSV or who to BUMP.. LOL Thanks ladies for the teaching
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!