Suddenly Starving

Options
2»

Replies

• martinh78
    Options
    What altitude were you at? How quickly did you get there? How many hours time difference was there?

Thses things can affect your hormone levels.

Might not be relevant though.

One thing I would do for sure though is EAT. If you are THAT hungry then eat something! You know the difference between head hungry and actual hungry right? Your body is crying out for something. Might be an illness coming on (ie flu).
  • melissam226
    Options

For me, for about 3-4 days right before my TOM, I've noticed that I'm STARVING. Like, eat lunch at noon and by 2:30 feel like my stomach is eating itself starving. I think prior to starting MFP I just ate and didn't notice it as much, but now that I'm so closely tracking everything I'm super aware of the fact that my normal breakfast/lunch does NOT cut it on those days by afternoon. I just plan for it, allow myself a teeny tiny bit more leeway those days and try to squeeze in a few hundred extra calories at the gym.

Could that be it?

That's my issue too!!! I disregard calories around then and just work out more and eat better stuff.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I'd have a check up with the doctor if I were you-- especially if you are getting enough calories and getting all your nutrients.