When to change work out

Options
I just started using my ellipitical a week ago and wondering when will my body get used to the same workout?
Tell me what u all thinks...

Replies

• spiritamanic
    spiritamanic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Now, I'm no expert, but in my experience my body has told me when it is time to change. When I need to up the amps, I can tell because what I am currently doing feels normal. Like when I jog on a treadmill, I know I need to increase the speed when I consistently am running into the bar in front of me. So, my advice is just to listen to your body and take a chance. You can certainly try to go faster or longer if it seems right, but if it is too much you can always go back until you are ready.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    This is a debated topic on here, and I started a thread similar to this the other day.

IMO, you don't need to change the workout (as in what you are doing), only how hard you are working. As you get in better shape, doing an activity at a giving "difficulty" gets easier (because you are in better shape). If you work harder and continue to challenge yourself, you don't need to change the activity.

I believe the body adapts to effort/intensity, not the activity. Continue to work and you'll be fine.
  • Maribabewhich
    Maribabewhich Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is a debated topic on here, and I started a thread similar to this the other day.

IMO, you don't need to change the workout (as in what you are doing), only how hard you are working. As you get in better shape, doing an activity at a giving "difficulty" gets easier (because you are in better shape). If you work harder and continue to challenge yourself, you don't need to change the activity.

I believe the body adapts to effort/intensity, not the activity. Continue to work and you'll be fine.

Ok I see what u mean. After a week I feel it is getting easier so am gonna add more mins or work harder.