Options
    This isnt different. Its the same old same old. BUT IT IS DELICIOUS

Soak pork chops in brine for about 20-30 minute
    Brine:
    2 cups cold water
    1 TBS salt
    1 TBS agave or other sweetner
    1 bay leaf

Remove chops from brine and put in 200 degree oven and heat until center temp is 90 degrees (You have to have a thermometer)
    When you remove the chops from the oven they will not look cooked at all.

Heat 2-3 TBS canola oil in heavy frying pan
    Salt and pepper chops.
    Sear each side about 2 minute

While you let the meat rest, deglaze the pan with 1 cup red wine. Add 1-2 cups chicken stock and one bay leaf. Reduce liquid by at least half. Leave it thin and put it on the chops or add a slurry of 2 TBS flour and 2-4 TBS cold water. This will make a gravy.
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I don't usually measure and toss things together. This recipe came out great though.

panko, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cinnamon, eggs, olive oil, frying pan

Mix seasonings in flour mixture
    Dry pork chops well with paper towels.
    Dip in flour mixture, then dip them in the egg mixture.
    Dip chops into panko then in pan and turn over when you notice browning.
    Turn over and cook the other side

Alternatively you could bake these as long as you spray the sheet pan first (put foil down first for easier clean up) and turn over halfway through. Roughly 350-375 F and time depends on size/thickness of the chops.
  • AprilBarkulis
    Options
    The Mayo Clinic has some great recipes like this one you can use chops in place of the pork tenderloin

Asian pork tenderloin
    By Mayo Clinic staff
    serves 4
    2 tablespoons sesame seeds
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1/8 teaspoon celery seed
    1/2 teaspoon minced onion
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 pound pork tenderloin, sliced into 4 4-ounce portions
    Preheat the oven to 400 F. Lightly coat a baking dish with cooking spray.

In a heavy frying pan, add the sesame seeds in a single layer. Over low heat, cook the seeds stirring constantly until they look golden and give off a noticeably toasty aroma, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the seeds from the pan to cool.

In a bowl, add the coriander, cayenne pepper, celery seed, minced onion, cumin, cinnamon, sesame oil and toasted sesame seeds. Stir to mix evenly.

Place the pork tenderloin in the prepared baking dish. Rub the spices on both sides of the pork pieces. Bake until no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Or bake until a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees (medium) or 170 degrees (well-done).

Transfer the pork tenderloin to warmed plates. Serve immediately.
    Nutritional analysis per serving

Calories 196
    Sodium 57 mg
    Total fat 10 g
    Total carbohydrate trace
    Saturated fat 2 g
    Dietary fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated fat 3 g
    Protein 25 g
    Cholesterol 74 mg

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/NU00460
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options

Thanks for the link out - just tried it, with red wine instead of mustard, really good!
  • jendom38
    jendom38 Posts: 2
    Options
    i've got a rosemary connerly recipe which is low in fat and delisious and so easy
    pork in spicy yogurt sauce
    serve 4
    190 cals per serving
    4.7g fat(2.3% fat)

4 lean pork steaks
    8tbsp low fat natural yogurt
    1tbsp mild curry powder
    2tbsp mango chutney
    1 red chilli finely chopped
    1tbsp fresh corriander
    1tbsp fresh mint
    salt and pepper to taste

preheat grill on high, remove any visible fat from pork and put in heatprove shallow dish. combine all other ingredients in a bowl to make a sauce spread all over the pork and cook under a hot grill for 8-10 mins each side.

enjoy
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Bump

Loving these ideas, especially the fruit jam & chipotle :o)

My favourites:

Welsh Rarebit topped pork chops.

Sear the chops a couple of mins either side to get caremelisation then turn on the grill (broiler)/oven.

In a bowl mix grated mature/sharp cheddar, wholegrain mustard (a couple of tsp), 1 beaten egg, a good dash of worcestershire sauce, black pepper.

Smear topping on chops and bake/grill for approx a further 8-10 mins depending on thickness.

or

Pesto goats cheese topped pork chops. Do as above but make a goats cheese & pesto paste and smear that on the chops instead.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I love making pan-seared, oven-baked pork chops. I use center cut bone-in pork chops that are about an 1" -1.25" thick.

I preheat the oven with a cast iron skillet in it at 400 degrees. Then I rub the pork chops with garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and then extra virgin olive oil.

Once the pan is preheated, take it out and put it on the burner at medium high heat. Sear each side of the chops for two minutes each side. Then place the pan back in the oven. Bake for 3-4 minutes, flip over and then bake another 3 minutes.

This makes the outside have a nice crust and the inside perfectly tender and juicy.
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are looking for sides and all that stuff - but I have a good quick rub/marinade for chops.

Equal amounts
    Garlic powder (fresh garlic ok too if you have it)
    Chili powder
    Cumin
    Half the amount of Ginger (fresh or ground)

Coat each chop. Put them in a bag or glass bowl. Squeeze the juice of one lime over all of the chops. Seal the bag or cover the bowl. Refrigerate and let marinate for at least 15 minutes but no more than 1 hour. Grill or broil.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    My quick week night go to is BBQ sauce in the oven or on the grill, next is a rub with brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic powder, sweet and smoky and delicious.
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My go to pork chop recipe is just some Panko bread crumbs mixed with some Parmesan cheese. The other night when I made this I also sprinkled on a little Mrs. Dash herb seasoning. Cook in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes and it comes out delicious!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like to marinate them in a ziploc bag with fat free italian dressing all day and then put them on the grill when I get home. Amazing!!!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Tonight I used left over port chops and chiken with red yellow and orange bell pappers and onions to make fajitas! super yummy!
  • Bejede
    Bejede Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jmcconathy
    jmcconathy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Best ever is pork chops baked with crushed Cheez-Its sprinkled on top and some black pepper. Yummy!!! One of my kids' favorite things.