Time to eat?

aisha11188
aisha11188 Posts: 43
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, I have been struggling to lose weight and I think I know why.
I usually eat not when I am hungry, but when it is time to eat.
(Ii.e. I will eat luch at 12.30pm becuase thats when I normally eat it, but I usually am not hungry)
I know this is wrong but how do I stop myself from doing this?

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    I guess I'm confused. Eating at 12:30 is not a bad thing. You have to eat....infact you are to eat 5-6 small meals a day, so long as you don't go over your calorie limit.
  • clhelms
    clhelms Posts: 6
    I think we all do that. Our stomachs don't necessarily have to grumble for them to need nurishment. I skipped breakfast this morning, a big no no, and now I'm starving and waiting for lunch but I know I have to be careful now because I'm more likely to over eat when I'm starving. It would have been better had I eaten breakfast even though my stomach didn't grumble until about 15 minutes ago and know that I would be able to eat a healthy meal that was within the proper proportions.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    It doesn't matter if you're hungry or not...as long as you're eating and staying within your calories, you should be fine. The only time you should worry when you're eating when you're not hungry, is if you're overeating. If you've already gotten what your body needs for today's fuel and you keep eating just because.

If you haven't been eating at a certain time, a good way to get your body to know when meal time is, is to just start eating at the same times everyday. This gets your body into a routine and you will gradually start to become hungry at those times and then it's not a problem. I had to do this. The first time I went on a "diet", I wasn't regularly eating and had to force myself to eat at "breakfast time", "lunch time", "dinner time", etc. and then soon I didn't have to remind myself because my body was reminding me with hunger pains! I did the same this time. I was eating whenever I got hungry which could have been lunch at 12 or 2:30... now I eat at the same time everyday and I'm always hungry at those times because my body knows it's feeding time!
  • Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.