Guys-What clothes do you workout in?

I mainly use lounge pants or track pants with a t-shirt or sleeveless shirt.

I am about to buy some new gear and was looking at options. Main thing for me is no shorts. I also saw something called "Compression Shorts" but that seems like it would....erm "cramp my style"

Any ideas?

Replies

• smor27
    smor27 Posts: 87
    I mainly use reg jogging pants and a t-shirt. I have on occasion been wearing shorts...but not very often yet.. :)
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    I generally wear running shorts and a tank, either compression or tech.I have some nylon pants I wear when doing hack squats and some running pants and compression long-sleeve shirts for the cold, but otherwise I wear as little as possible.
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    I like basketball style shorts mainly because they don't restrict movement for Sumo squats or deadlifts the way pants can. If I do wear pants I like simple nylon jogging pants with no liner.

I really like the loose gear under armour for shirts but Old Navy has a line of fitness clothing that is made the same way and it's great for half the price.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Basketball or running shorts, a t-shirt or tank top and usually some form of minimalist shoe - either Merrell Barefoots or Five Fingers. I'm definitely not a fashion template.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Regular, loose basketball or soccer type shorts, spandex or stretchy compression type boxer briefs, a Nike DriFit Shirt (love them) and Nike Pegasus 28 shoes...for the most part. I also use the Nike DriFit socks a lot.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    I wear mainly just a tee shirt and training shorts from a brand called Hylete. Highly recommend their training apparel
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    I started wearing compression pants under my shorts, makes me feel fast haha...
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    I ended up getting a bunch of track pants with mesh so they are not crazy hot with some athletic sleeveless shirts.
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    track pants, thermal top
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Shorts, t-shirt, Chuck Taylors.

Going to start wearing a hoodie with the hood up while heavy lifting though, just to keep my *kitten* hot and sweating more.