How to log weight loss yoga?

Options
I have searched the forums for a solid answer to this and can't seem to find one.

At the moment, I am doing 40 minutes of The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga per day and I struggle to know how to log it. Originally, I put it under yoga/stretching yoga but I don't feel like it is a very high calorie burn considering it's repetitions, push ups, etc. along with stretching and you also hold a lot of awkward positions that I feel would work your body a little harder.

However, I don't break a sweat when I do it anymore and I used to... so maybe it is accurate?
Anyone got any ideas?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Yoga, in general, isn't a huge calorie burner. It's hard to hold some of the poses but it doesn't really get your heart rate up for those big burns. Yoga is great for strength and flexibility though.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yoga, in general, isn't a huge calorie burner. It's hard to hold some of the poses but it doesn't really get your heart rate up for those big burns. Yoga is great for strength and flexibility though.

Ok, so by incorporating yoga into my daily exercise would you say this is more for toning/muscle definition than actual weight loss? Or will it help me to lose inches also? I struggle to get my head around it because I tend to let calories eaten/burned control my "progress".
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It will definitely help you build strength and maintain muscle mass. Losing weight isn't about how many calories you can burn from exercise. Most of your weight loss will come from your food intake.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It will definitely help you build strength and maintain muscle mass. Losing weight isn't about how many calories you can burn from exercise. Most of your weight loss will come from your food intake.

Thanks for the advice :)